Fiskars actual length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob gresko

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the actual overall length of the Fiscars 28" Splitting Maul and the new 36" Splitting Maul?

Thanks

Thanks. You helped me decide. I am planning on ordering one from Baileys before their free shipping promotion ends on Monday. Most of the mauls and sledges I have measure 36" from end to end and I feel very comfortable with them. If the 28" model did not include the head, I would be tempted to go with it because Bailey's offers them at a great price until the end of the month. But, 28" end to end seems a little short for me. I'm going with the 36".

Thanks

Thanks. You helped me decide. I am planning on ordering one from Baileys before their free shipping promotion ends on Monday. Most of the mauls and sledges I have measure 36" from end to end and I feel very comfortable with them. If the 28" model did not include the head, I would be tempted to go with it because Bailey's offers them at a great price until the end of the month. But, 28" end to end seems a little short for me. I'm going with the 36".

Thanks

I felt the same way.

Also, remember the bottom 2" or so of the axes/splitters is that knob-hook handle. That means you'll "lose" a couple inches of handle length. In all, you "lose" a couple inches at the top and a couple inches at the bottom.

I don't feel the 36" x27 is too long at all. Feels a lot like a "normal" splitting maul.

Thanks
They are back ordered at Bailey's and the free shipping in on orders of $200 and more. Just so you know.

Back