Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am located in Mansfield Center CT. If you need a place to dump any hard wood (any length) let me know. I live on 40 acres of wood but am always willing to accept stuff that is already cut.

Jones

Wanted oak logs 12 lenghts southern N.J.

Looking for steady supplier of Oak Logs must be 12 lenths simi straight can pickup in southern N.J. If its worth while 5 cords or more. Located in Woodbine N.J.

southern maine here (york county) looking for some free wood. will take pine too as long as its not totally infested with critters. so any tree services and so forth give me a holler. would appreciate it very much

Wanted free firwood

Located in the phila area in Wayne PA. Looking for hardwood firewood for myself have a fireplace and need some wood. Went through at least 2.5 cords last year will need more for this year. email me please thank-you Kirk

Upstate New York Georgetown Earlville Area

Hi, I have a firewood processor and am Looking for Hardwood Logs up to 18 inches round.
Willing to give you some firewood in exchange for Logs.

Ask for Mike 315-691-4441 leave message
Thank You,
Michael

jayskye2000', where are you South of yo. ?? I'm in area near Whitehouse Friut Farm. Just curious that's all.

Elm

Hi
I live in moira ny,I am looking for free fire wood. If you have any elm you want to get rid of I will take it......that is if you can drop it off. I can cut and split it.
518-529=0338
Wade:confused:

Nw Ct

I am located in New Hartford CT. I am willing to take any wood (hard or soft) other than pine, hemlock or any other evergreen type tree.

You can drop it off at my house in any length. I can pay you for gas or leave a case of beer (on ice) for you with prior notice of you favorite brand. Or I can pick it up on site.

PM me or call at 860 766-7253 (daytime) to make arrangements.

Late to the woodcutting party

Just found this site today and have been having some fun with the posts on here. My dad just got a wood furnace put in his house in upstate NY and as you know it is a little late to be gathering the wood he needs for the season. If anyone has some free firewood in the Binghamton, Ithaca, Syracuse area please gimme a buzz and we can bring a couple guys to cut it and haul it. Much appreciated.

I'll give it a shot, doubtfull in this ara I can scrore anything, but would love some hardwood, and size, can easily unload a truck in my side yard

located in auburn ma

also willing to drive a short distance to pick up

Milwaukee or Waukesha Counties - Wisconsin

Cut to length wood needed. We hope to get our splitter fixed and keep the oil heating bills lower this year! Hubby can't help so it's up to me (wifey) to do the heavy stuff - therefore cut to length would be great! We have a small 4x6 trailer and a small SUV. Can you help us out?

Wifey

I see a trend consistent in the last 29 pages and over 400 posts; people want free firewood.

I've had a fair number of men and women from this thread call me and I've supplied them til they can't take any more. It's been kinda fun meeting the people. They consistently seem surprised that whatever I supply them actually IS free.

As far as a trend, gosh, in increase in need for firewood because fuel and heating oil prices are up? I'm not sure about the 'trend', but maybe I'm not seeing something.

What are you seeing, Haywood?

A lot of people with 1 post. Register, beg for wood and disappear without contributing to the community.

Ian

A lot of people with 1 post. Register, beg for wood and disappear without contributing to the community.

Ian

While I may have only posted a couple times, I have not disappeared. I actually read this website on daily basis. I am simply a home owner who is now trying to heat with wood. I have used a chainsaw over my life for clean ups and dropping the occasion tree. But now, with 3 acres of overgrown woods, a new insert in the fireplace I am using the chainsaw weekly.

This forum has been valuable to me in many ways and I find new information daily on here. Why do I not post more? Because I am still learning and I usually find the answer to my question by searching....

ps...still looking for free wood!:)

Latest posts

Back