Fresh 394xp build losing power in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plug the impulse passage and then try start a beast like that. trust me, if you got it to start that intake block is not upside down.

I haven't been home since I posted this. But from memory, I can almost guarantee the intake block is upside down, whether that IS the problem or not remains to be seen. I was thinking about running without the air filter... that's the next check.

I haven't been home since I posted this. But from memory, I can almost guarantee the intake block is upside down, whether that IS the problem or not remains to be seen. I was thinking about running without the air filter... that's the next check.

how many pulls did it take for it to even fart? it's quite simple, if that intake block is upside down it had no power because you never cut with it or even had it running for that matter. LOL these carbs will not meter fuel without a pump feeding them. without impulse it has no pump.

IDK about 394 but I've ran 372 with the line off unbeknownced to me and it would do just that in the wood and you could get it going again by feathering the trigger and then die in the cut again

I think you'll get it when you realize exactly what the impulse vacuum does for function. At this point you don't. But I do think you'll figure this out before you get far enough to take the carb back off.

We get the concept but seeing is believing and its happened more than once in the field with 20 yrs experience with 371/372.
I'll say it again. The line was completely of the cylinder

^^^^my thought exactly.
Granted It may have been a combination of a vent issue as well
allowing this to be posible.? It acted much like a vent issue or frozen carb.

I do remember having this convo with my life time friend and Mechanic that builds my saws and he said "that's impossible,It can't and I said it was off and he said that's weird....So never say never. In this case

*Edit in
IDK.. Could be vent possibly but I don't think so. Will it race and then starve out if you let it idle long enough? Try running the cap a little loose or pull the gasket for a trial?

It will run and start with it upside down, 143 dolmar has the same basic setup and had it upside down and ran good until u got a load on it, took forever to figure it out. That was 20 years ago now and I haven't forgot.

Back