Fresh 394xp build losing power in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only saw i ever managed to run with a disconnected impulse line was an 032 stihl. it disconnected while running because of the stupid design rear mounts. it didn't run long at all, maybe 20 seconds. i have 2 doubts, i doubt the intake block is upside down if the info in the OP was all truth or i have doubt the OP is all truth if the intake block is upside down. if matt had managed to somehow get the thing to fart without impulse especially from a dry system to start with he would have a dislocated shoulder right now LOL

Its in the fine print. Sender pays for said garbage shipping and disposal fee. :yes:
LMAO...how did I know that was coming. I though about saying it but thought I'd play the set up guy or also known in comedic terns as the strait guy...

Lol Shane...see it happened with one saw already and you are just now 15
:laughing: j/king our young prodigie.

Peace Brother

junk man, the line is brandy new oem, but certainly a good thought, thank you

I have ripped new lines installing them before if tight going through the tank ,it sounds a lot like my 371k chopsaw in symptoms it would start and run ,but put the wheel onto what was cutting would bog out ,i changed the carb ran the same ,pulled the fuel line out ,had a real small pinhole ,must have been sucking air ,could be something else though ,but it really sounds like starving for fuel somewhere ,another trick is see if will run with fuel cap loose ,that will test for a plugged vent

this is the only pic i have of a 394 intake. this one was to show a crack. haven't worked on a 394 in a while but it looks like it's not even possible to mount upside down although i have never mounted one upside down before so it may be possible somehow.

phone pics 018.jpg

LMAO...how did I know that was coming. I though about saying it but thought I'd play the set up guy or also known in comedic terns as the strait guy...

Lol Shane...see it happened with one saw already and you are just now 15
:laughing: j/king our young prodigie.

Peace Brother

one saw did it but it was already running when the line came off and died shortly after. i done alot of pulling on the 2 series back in the day when i was learning to make gaskets. any mechanic will know what i mean by that. i ain't no protege, i made all my own mistakes and was guided by no one except my dad for a few years back in the 90's. i just had a very heavy interest in engines. for the record. for every faller i know who knows something about repairing/building saws there are 20 that don't LOL 15 or 50 don't matter. some guys never figure it out.

that intake is on correctly. gasket is also fool proof with an impulse hole on each side. also, if you look at the base plate of the carb, you can see 2 holes for getting the carb bolts. i do agree that ball head allen tools are a must though. no offence either aye Matt. sometimes i can be a prick. just trying to make sense of it.

That saw was the previous project. ...put the cyl down then did the intake....ran beautiful.

This saw I put the intake to the cyl first...then put cylinder down....easier actually
....but then easier to put block upside down maybe. Because I already had the youtube vid up. ..I didn't video the current project

i just had a very heavy interest in engines. for the record. for every faller i know who knows something about repairing/building saws there are 20 that don't LOL 15 or 50 don't matter. some guys never figure it out.
"Interest". ^^ it shows

"for every faller i know who knows something about repairing/building saws there are 20 that don't LOL"

-Only 20?... most can put on a chain grind, and clean a filter.

-Age is but a #

"Interest". ^^ it shows

"for every faller i know who knows something about repairing/building saws there are 20 that don't LOL"

-Only 20?... most can put on a chain grind and clean a filter.

-Age is but a #

ok maybe more. hard to tell cause i only actually know about 14 LOL

Back