Frustration:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, there's no silver lining there, that's just a really tough deal. My sincere condolences. Ich, just do the best you can.

Wow, that's absolutely terrible! Is there anything in the papers about all of this? If so, could you post a link?

Best wishes to everyone involved... :(

I was going to post this earlier, but yesterday had us in the mountains bringing 4 cords of wood down. Split 3 of it and stacked it. I sacked out very early last night..

Collision of minivan, truck near Gateway kills woman

Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen
By AMY HAMILTON

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The collision of a minivan and a log truck killed one driver and closed Colorado Highway 141 a few miles north of Gateway for hours Thursday night, the Colorado State Patrol said.

Around 5 p.m. the driver of the southbound minivan overcorrected after drifting off the right side of the road. The minivan slammed into the log truck traveling north, trooper Matt Jakopic said.

The collision killed the woman driving the minivan. She had no passengers. Her identity was not released Thursday. The driver of the truck was not hurt, Jakopic said.

Drivers of about two dozen vehicles heading south to Gateway waited as long as three hours along the rural winding highway for investigators to clear the scene. Logs were strewn across the road.

Some people wondered aloud about the identity of the female driver, as many were headed home to the tight-knit town of about 100 people.

“Chances are, she’s a local,” said Thad Shupe of Grand Junction. “People are asking what kind of a minivan because you know everybody (in Gateway).”

Shupe, who frequently travels Highway 141, was heading to Gateway about 6 p.m. to meet with his ex-wife from Nucla and pick up their son. He hoped she would somehow get the message that he was late because of the road closure.

Shupe said the area of the crash is commonly called “the narrows,” which is about a two-mile section where canyon walls hug the road.

Thanks for the update.

I still can't get over what a freakish accident this was!?!?

Back