Fuel Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fuel in the OP in my part of the world is a Micro lite aircraft fuel, It is longer lasting deterioration wise than standard pump gas but if you don't use much I would not buy 5 gallons as it starts it's downward path the moment you crack the cap on the container It is suitable for 2 Smoke units & works with premix or injection if you use small amounts of fuel the Alkylate fuel mixes are excellent but the price tends to limit use if the through put is high.

My nearby WalMart has ethanol free 93 octane premium (the other grades have ethanol, or I would buy them). Fill 5 gallon can to which has been added 2 oz. Stabil and 3 oz. Seafoam. Use to mix with Stihl Ultra 40:1 for chainsaws; the unmixed goes in the lawn mowers. Stabil is probably overkill in the grass cutting months, but will keep the winter gas fresh until spring. I just do it the same way every time so I won't forget with that last fall batch.

Latest posts

Back