Fuel Tank Capacity and Oil/Gas Ratio for Old Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! They are saying synthetic oil and just didn't know if the standard husky oil qualified:dizzy: It would be nice to have a single can on the shelf. More room for saws!!!!!!!

Thanks! They are saying synthetic oil and just didn't know if the standard husky oil qualified:dizzy: It would be nice to have a single can on the shelf. More room for saws!!!!!!!

Any brand full synthetic is OK, just look in the fine print for FD rated. Theres a ton of oil threads here, the consensus is...so many guys run so many good oils and they all work, there just aint much difference really. In the olden daze, lotta dudz here including me ran just 30 weight, wasnt even measured, it was like this, one gallon whatever from the pump in your can, grab you car oil, glug, glug, glug, thats enough. Same oil then went on the bar lube side.

Its MUCH better now, both the mix oil and the bar oil. Gas is not as good, go out of your way to find NON ethanol contaminated fuel when mixing your own. If you only ever use just a little, just pop for the canned fuel. Eventually they will get better on the prices we all hope, start selling it cheaper by the gallon can or five gallon pail/bucket. I guess in euro land is it much more common, guys there run some canned fuel called aspen.

I run the canned fuel for my weed beater in the summer. 1 can lasts me the whole cutting season.

I used to mix 32:1 in a 40 oz beer bottle pretty accurate way to get it close enough for small amounts and in a small saw like that you can cut a lot of wood with 40 oz. of mix. I run all saws at just a little under 50:1

If you go to www.oxo.com you will see the measuring cup that I use for mixing. I only mix 1/2 gallons of gas anymore because I get tired of dumping expensive synthetic in the mower and the Toyota. I mix with the Woodlands Pro Synthetic in the 5 gallon mix bottles. That little measuring cup has the teaspoon incraments on it so I get a pretty accurate measurement for the Startron additive with no guessing. That stuff is expensive. I store what mix I have left from cutting in empty True Fuel bottles.

Latest posts

Back