Fundraiser for TBone - We're giving away a Jonsered 2253 / Husky 550!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS IS A FUNDRAISER, NOT A RAFFLE! For legal reasons, please refrain from referring to it as such. Thanks!

The cat's out of the bag. This fundraiser is for the one and only...TBone, our good friend John. John recently endured a near death illness and incurred significant medical expenses. This fundraiser is to help alleviate that burden. John's a great guy and contributes regularly to this site. This is a way that we can all give back to the community and do something good for someone in need.

John, all I have to say to you right now is, "Shut up and take it":) You will accept this gift, and you will like it, lol. We know you're not one to ask for handouts, but this is something we want to do for you.

As you already know, the saw is a brand new Jonsered 2253. This is the equivalent of a Husky 550XP, only prettier! I did some minor mods to it, then Randy gave it a real massaging. New, this saw would run you at least $500 + $275 for mods. Don't be shy with your donations! Remember, it's going to a great cause.

First of all, I'm taking no credit for this fundraiser. This was the brainchild of the "Do I need to start a fight" thread guys, but in particular, Mastermind and Roncoinc. They privately raised the funds to purchase both new saws. Everything that comes in during this fund raiser will go directly to John. Stihl 041S has offered to pay the cost of shipping. Randy donated the porting.

As before, you get one chance of winning this saw for every $10 that you donate. If you donate $10, you get your name in the drawing one time. If you donate $200, you get your name in the drawing 20 times. I will be keeping track of all donations DAILY.

MAKE SURE that you put your Arborististe username in the Display Name field when you donate! There is a checkbox that you can check if you choose to hide the amount that you're giving. Please do not make your name anonymous.

You do NOT need a PayPal or WePay account in order to donate. All you need is a credit card. If you choose to give cash, you can PM me for my mailing address. Again, please be sure to include your AS name!

I will announce the date and time of the drawing at a later time. Look for it to be in a couple weeks.

Donating is as simple as going to the following link.
https://www.youcaring.com/tbone-medical-expenses

YouCaring.com is an affiliate of WePay.com. When you donate through the above link, the funds will be deposited into a WePay account that I have setup. I do not use this account for personal use. It is used soley for the purpose of this fundraiser.

Jonsered 2253 Ported With Popup Piston For Raffle - YouTube
[video=youtube_share;iebah04lJzQ]http://youtu.be/iebah04lJzQ[/video]

IMG_1161-L.jpg

IMG_1163-L.jpg

IMG_1162-L.jpg

IMG_1164-L.jpg

IMG_1165-L.jpg

bump ?

I frequent a few other sites ,and AS some times gets a bit of flack for the bickering and arguing that occasionally goes on here. But, I can't for the life of me think of another site that when a brother needs a hand that can pull together like this one.
Y'all make me happy to be part of this great group of folks !
Now that you all are done reading this ,,,, go up to the link provided and lend a hand ;)
It's good Karma!
All the best , John

I'm in. Hope all is well John, and hope to some day get to meet you in person, maybe I can make you a stool. The people on this site continue to amaze me with there caring and generosity. Kudos to all of you. I couldn't give much today because funds are extremely tight so I will have to get in some more come payday.

I had to enable scripting to be able to donate. It took me a couple minutes to figure it out thought maybe that info would help others. Or maybe I'm just an idiot either way I'm glad to be a very small part of this. Good work guys!

In!! Damn good group of fellas round here :cheers:

Must be tired though because I misspelled my own screen name :bang:

got my first contributions in :rock: more to come on payday :) apparently I have to many saws already but I told the wife I disagree :D i'm hoping we can raise enough to put john in the clear like nothing financially burdening ever happened. this is fun for us all and helpful to john which is great. one hell of a family this AS is. Now Randy, please no more running my saw until I win it k buds :D.............:cheers:

Last edited:
I have a small amount of money in paypal, but the fundraiser doesn't seem to accept paypal :(

Any suggestions?

AS has some rules about mentioning other sites and stuff.......but I've got to tell you guy that we ain't the only group of guys that care enough to help out when a man gets in a spot. There's a new site that some guys are just getting started......the mods and administrators on that new site gave 50.00 bucks each when we were just getting this whole thing started.......that was 250.00 bucks.

Let me tell ya guys........there are still some very good people in this old world, and I think we're seeing that here these days.

AS has some rules about mentioning other sites and stuff.......but I've got to tell you guy that we ain't the only group of guys that care enough to help out when a man gets in a spot. There's a new site that some guys are just getting started......the mods and administrators on that new site gave 50.00 bucks each when we were just getting this whole thing started.......that was 250.00 bucks.

Let me tell ya guys........there are still some very good people in this old world, and I think we're seeing that here these days.

In the spirit of cooperation that seems to be plaguing this place, I got a 50 spot for the cause. Here's the donating info again for people that can't find the first post :D

THIS IS A FUNDRAISER, NOT A RAFFLE! For legal reasons, please refrain from referring to it as such. Thanks!

You do NOT need a PayPal or WePay account in order to donate. All you need is a credit card. If you choose to give cash, you can PM me for my mailing address. Again, please be sure to include your AS name!

I will announce the date and time of the drawing at a later time. Look for it to be in a couple weeks.

Donating is as simple as going to the following link.
https://www.youcaring.com/tbone-medical-expenses

YouCaring.com is an affiliate of WePay.com. When you donate through the above link, the funds will be deposited into a WePay account that I have setup. I do not use this account for personal use. It is used soley for the purpose of this fundraiser.

Edited to just get the giving details...

SHAZAMMM! $1090 now :rock: You know what that means Randall, pay up sucker :cool2:

We're over the $1,000 mark:clap: For those that don't know, probably $1,500 or more was raised privately to fund the saws, etc.

1765.00 was sent to me to get this rolling. Of that I paid 1200.00 for the two saws that we will be giving away. I sent 600.00 to John a little while ago, and a list of who gave what was sent to Brad, so that those first donations could be included in both fundraising events.

Since those first donations funded these events it only seems fair that they should be included in both. That will also even out the odds a bit as well.

1765.00 was sent to me to get this rolling. Of that I paid 1200.00 for the two saws that we will be giving away. I sent 600.00 to John a little while ago, and a list of who gave what was sent to Brad, so that those first donations could be included in both fundraising events.

Since those first donations funded these events it only seems fair that they should be included in both. That will also even out the odds a bit as well.

That's fair.Those guys built the wagon, we're just along for the ride.

It was money well spent Randy. :rock:

Back