Donate to help Jasha. He's one of our own.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read more than I post. Ears open , mouth shut kinda thing.

My mother always said God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. :laugh:

Great thing you've done in setting this all up and carrying it through to the end Brad. :rock:

I think it is a real good thing we are able to help each other on this site. This is the way charity should work.

Here's the 024 that barneyrb donated. Before shipping it, I went over it to make sure everything was squared away. It's a very nice little saw!

I pulled the P&C and decarboned the crown and combustion chamber. I then removed and inspected the fuel line, impule hose, and intake boot. They were all in great shape. The carb took a trip through the ultrasonic cleaner. I dressed the rails on the bar and sharpened the chain. I also threw in a "new" chain that has only been sharpened once. The saw runs great. The only thing it will need before I ship it off is a new air filter.

IMG_9625-M.jpg

IMG_9626-M.jpg

IMG_9627-M.jpg

IMG_9628-L.jpg

Here's the 024 that barneyrb donated. Before shipping it, I went over it to make sure everything was squared away. It's a very nice little saw!

I pulled the P&C and decarboned the crown and combustion chamber. I then removed and inspected the fuel line, impule hose, and intake boot. They were all in great shape. The carb took a trip through the ultrasonic cleaner. I dressed the rails on the bar and sharpened the chain. I also threw in a "new" chain that has only been sharpened once. The saw runs great. The only thing it will need before I ship it off is a new air filter.

Very nice prize and you and barney went the extra mile on that one!

hey, you didn't say anything and I forgot to ask until now, but when I get my bars I am going to see what the freight note was and slip you that back in the mail. All the folks who donated prizes and you for organizing it, covering the shipping is small potatoes. ;)

Yes, on the end of a drill for the combustion chamber. I use a wire brush on a bench grinder for piston crowns. Just make sure the brush always sweeps away from the edge of the piston, so that the sides are never touched. When using the drill brush, just make sure that the steel bristle holder doesn't touch the cylinder wall. I've done a ton of saws this way and it works great.

rburg wants that stihl bar, so I guess the two 24" bars from Anthony are left? I actually could use 24's, I don't have any, but would like to know what mount they are first to see if they might fit what I have. I have need for old poulan or echo, d176, or large mount husky d009. Sorry for delay in game.

Hey bud. I wanted to tell you more about those two bars. They are actually a 25" Stihl ES bar in 3/8th-.050, and a 28" GB Ti in 3/8th-.050 Stihl mount. Theres pics of them in this thread somewhere.

They'll both fit LM Husky with the adapter from Baileys.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Hey bud. I wanted to tell you more about those two bars. They are actually a 25" Stihl ES bar in 3/8th-.050, and a 28" GB Ti in 3/8th-.050 Stihl mount. Theres pics of them in this thread somewhere.

They'll both fit LM Husky with the adapter from Baileys.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thanks for the info! And thanks for donating!

Latest posts

Back