Gave away a truck load of wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be careful on what you ask?...My dad is a Vietman veteran that loves to hear thanks for your service and is proud to be a vet, but will not talk about the war...:cheers:

I understand, I don't ever pry. He seemed allright telling me about how he attained his injuries, and returning to the states after his full tour. He said in the past ten years or so that he has to ask himself, " was I really there?".

+1 on giving to those who deserve it. I try to keep an eye out for them.

Wow, bass_on_tap, 3-4 cords is alot to give, thats great!

I understand, I don't ever pry. He seemed allright telling me about how he attained his injuries, and returning to the states after his full tour. He said in the past ten years or so that he has to ask himself, " was I really there?".

+1 on giving to those who deserve it. I try to keep an eye out for them.

Wow, bass_on_tap, 3-4 cords is alot to give, thats great!

The stories of going home after you are wounded are crap...

My father was shot in the chest w/ small caliber arms fire...He said the last thing he remembers was saying "Oh ####, I'm dead", then waking up in the field hospital...Also, ended up w/ shrapnel in his foot and left from a booby trap...

They patched him up both times and sent him back out...

The stories of going home after you are wounded are crap...

My father was shot in the chest w/ small caliber arms fire...He said the last thing he remembers was saying "Oh ####, I'm dead", then waking up in the field hospital...Also, ended up w/ shrapnel in his foot and left from a booby trap...

They patched him up both times and sent him back out...

It was the same story for him, a week in recovery and back out to fight with shrapnel in his hip.

Good on yeah Neo my dad is a vet and so is my granddads on both sides. i can not thank them enough. God bless our vets. rep sent to you as well

Being a vet myself I want to thank you for your kindness to one of my brothers. As long as he starts the story then there is no problem but when people pry it is a pain and the fasted way to get a back turned on you. Thanks Again. Rep coming. :)

Good on ya neo! That guys last name wouldn't begin with "TR" and end with "NT" would it? I have kinda tried to figure out a way to do the same thing but I am pretty far away. My inlaws are near a guy very much like the one you descibed. Well I guess everyone has someone like that near them...

Be well

Way to go, I always make it a point to thank a vet when I know/realize they are one, and Im teaching my kids to do the same, just something down deep inside me that cant thank them enough, people these days are so ignorant when it come to what others give for them and ask nothing in return.....to all current / past military members here from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!! as I raise a cold one.........

Roy

Good on ya OP. Soon as I figure the rep thing out, you get it.

It's funny, I never ordered much delivery pizza when we lived in town and/or on post, and never thought to tip the pizza guy. The Army kind of has it's own chain. Anthony's. It's ok.

After we built our home in the woods and retired, we had some friends who ended up "between houses" who stayed with us for 6 weeks or so, and he had in fact been a pizza delivery driver for about a year just prior to that time, and talking to him is when I learned it was somewhat common practice. He said it was usually, but not always the bigger houses that didn't tip, or didn't tip as well. Although he said he did have several big tips from big houses, the steady good tips were from people you wouldn't think would or could tip.

About 2 years ago Papa J's started delivering as far out as we are, or technically almost as far as us, by their map, they deliver to the east side of our road, but not the west..lol I always tip the driver now, after all he left his home area to bring me a pizza..lol

Awsome , the golden rule in action , you are an old soul for sure hearing the call and meeting the need . May God bless all your days brother wood cutter.

Just be careful on what you ask?...My dad is a Vietman veteran that loves to hear thanks for your service and is proud to be a vet, but will not talk about the war...:cheers:

i agree. i let vets tell their stories when they are ready to . i never ask,but gracious thank them for their service.sometimes they never tell,those are stories that words cant explain.

Hey man, good on ya!

You know, it pleases me to feel the general respect here on AS toward veterans, as in the media I usually get to see negative reactions and all kinds of stuff, the last I can recall is not in the USA but in the UK, if anyone recalls.
It's nasty and easiest to pick on returning soldiers, instead of aiming at the political level when you demonstrate your world view, whatever it is.
This is so twisted.

So I mean, it is moving to see at least in your quarters there's still people who appreciate vets and still acknowledge their contribution - especially decades after the service they did their country.
I believe it means more to him than just the good wood you shared with him -

:cheers:

SA

Thanks guys for all your input! I'm really glad all of you feel the same way I do. It is great to be able to give back just a little.

Latest posts

Back