go me some oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couldn't get your truck in closer. I like the hauler too.

i wish and yesterday my arms really wished, but it's kinda overgrown and i'm not scratching the truck.

thanks it belongs to my father. it makes hauling wood much easier

Went back out there today had some more fun. Not quite as much wood as last time and it was harder to get. Started out rocking a chain, then dulling my skip chain, the clogged the oiler on the 660, lost a bar nut and the bar wanted to cut sideways, but got the chains sharpened cleaned the oiler, got some wood got the tree rolled down save some long straight pieces to run through the mill. Got some pics, but will have to wait til i'm at a real computer

Went back out there today had some more fun. Not quite as much wood as last time and it was harder to get. Started out rocking a chain, then dulling my skip chain, the clogged the oiler on the 660, lost a bar nut and the bar wanted to cut sideways, but got the chains sharpened cleaned the oiler, got some wood got the tree rolled down save some long straight pieces to run through the mill. Got some pics, but will have to wait til i'm at a real computer

Last day I was out cutting was like that. Way to regroup and power through it.

Great thread! I love seeing pics of big old oaks like that.

I helped a co-worker finish bucking up a 40"+ white oak that had been in his yard a couple years and it was a nice challenge (wedged on a pretty steep hill) but also lots of fun making cuts on wood that big.

I wish I came across it more often...I just got a 288xp with 30" b/c and have been itching to bury it in something big, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

Great truck too, btw. Too bad you couldn't get the splitter next to where the tree is laying to make loading a little easier.

Keep the pics coming!

Cool thread. I love seeing big old trees. I am amazed at the size of the branch that came off the first tree, it is huge!! Looking forward to more pictures.

pics - what we started with

001_zpseb650630.jpg

002_zps515d2be4.jpg

my buddy frank - the biggest saw he has ever run was his 455 rancher, here he is with my 044 and 32" bar

003_zps18e218f7.jpg

frank's truck and trailer he has i'm guessing about 1 1/2 cords in there he said the trailer wouldn't dump and he had to unload some by hand

004_zps049d5073.jpg

how it end up, rolled it over slightly, the large piece there i'm going to take the CSM to the top of and the piece behind it is also very straight after i get it out of teh ground it has a with the mill too

005_zpsb731c7b0.jpg

006_zps87fb21ef.jpg

That's the kind of oak we love to cut.

Terry, what are you planning on cutting out of that wood at the mill, flooring planks? I don't mill wood, but it looks to have too many knots for milling?? :msp_unsure:
I see cords of firewood in it though. :msp_w00t:

Terry, what are you planning on cutting out of that wood at the mill, flooring planks? I don't mill wood, but it looks to have too many knots for milling?? :msp_unsure:
I see cords of firewood in it though. :msp_w00t:

we will fiind out when i start milling how many knots it has. if it can't be sed for making something fun. i have 2 dump trucks that i could build sides for and a 27 ft GN deckover that needs a new floor

Back