going bigger. ms460 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some of you guys not read his comments? He doesn't have a $1000 budget and he wants the lightest saw possible. Does this not exclude the 660?????????????????????????

Yes we get it, the 660 is a more powerful saw, but it does not fit his criteria...
yes it does exclude the 660

Good post. Ya know many don't know it but that Dolmar company won't let Americans build their saws overhere, oh its true, I read it on thier website. They said in so many words us Americans can't match them in quality work.
if the shoe fits.....

LOLOL, has a decision been made yet on what saw ya gonna go bigger with yet Volk?
just about made up. i think that the answer is pretty clear. price is a big factor. i like stihl. i like husky. maybe i can learn to like dolmar?:cheers:

Good post. Ya know many don't know it but that Dolmar company won't let Americans build their saws overhere, oh its true, I read it on thier website. They said in so many words us Americans can't match them in quality work.

Now I'm not trying to start anything, (choking) if thats how they feel thats ok with me. I'm just concerned how Volk will feel about that, maybe I best not tell him. Yup I'll just keep that quiet,hehehe

Won't match them in quality?!?!?! B U ll s hit!!! I take exception to that statement. I'm a Canadian, (read Euorpean style apprentiiceship) but my best work has been done right here in Cincinnati Ohio. It is up to the company to find caring, skilled workman (in that order, you can teach anyone to cut metal, you can NEVER teach someone to care). I'll put my work up against anyone's. :greenchainsaw:

just about made up. i think that the answer is pretty clear. price is a big factor. i like stihl. i like husky. maybe i can learn to like dolmar?:cheers:

If you like the later... Add $80 for a real air-filter.. Sorry, mean spirited swipe at the other brand.;)

Street price for a 660 wrap out here is around $900.. Cheaper in some places. no sorry : Cheap plug for Stihl 660

Last edited:
yes it does exclude the 660

if the shoe fits.....

Welp I'm glad to see ya made a decision Volk. Where ya gonna purchase that 7900 ya want??(hehe)

Won't match them in quality?!?!?! B U ll s hit!!! I take exception to that statement. I'm a Canadian, (read Euorpean style apprentiiceship) but my best work has been done right here in Cincinnati Ohio. It is up to the company to find caring, skilled workman (in that order, you can teach anyone to cut metal, you can NEVER teach someone to care). I'll put my work up against anyone's. :greenchainsaw:

Welp I wasn't trying to start a fuss, I just happen to see it on their website. Might explain why some Americans say to hell wit em, bas-tards,LOLOL

Welp, here my take:

Have had the 372 and 460 broke down and milled and ported lot's and lot's. The gains are great, the 460 more so that the 372, but the 372 is lighter and smoother.
Just broke down and milled my 7900w yesterday, started porting it today.
Was impressed in stock form, but I am a mod guy, gotta see what I can get.

In stock form the 7900 smokes the competition. The 460 is one of the best mods ever, right there with a 385-390xp.

The Husky and Dolmar mufflers suck, but their spring mount system is sweet. Dolmar's air is a joke, Husky has awesome stock filtration and Stihl has aftermarket options.

The Husky is the cheapest saw for me, but then I have to get a non-rev coil, the Dolmar's are a limited coil with hardly any options, and the Stihl will sing forever.

So I guess my point is get all three, have them modded and sell the ones you don't like.
That is what I do...
Crapola, I have way too many saws. Oh yeah, five are brand new and all are for sale!!!!

Show me the service and I'll send my father too, not just me. ( and anyone else I influence)

Yep.. that's how it works... but it takes hard work to win a customer. You like us and you tell 3 of your friends... we piss you off and you tell 10 friends, that tell 10 of theirs...

Back