going bigger. ms460 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing glaring... It's a decent cutting saw... Not as "solid" as a 460/660 (wimply plastic) and the throttle cable leaves much to be desired. I don't like the carb to cylinder mount, but...

If you want used parts, good luck - Dolmar has a tiny market share.

Chain adjuster ..... hmmm...

Yes, the filter sucks.. but given the amount of wood you cut, I doubt your choice will make much difference:greenchainsaw:

Can't you feel the love! :heart: ....Don't hold back next time.....Please tell us what Stihl dealers really think of Dolmars. :laugh:

Ya know many don't know it but that Dolmar company won't let Americans build their saws overhere, oh its true, I read it on thier website. They said in so many words us Americans can't match them in quality work.

Ya know when I bought the little lady that Beretta she found so sexy, I got the original, made in Italy.....Kind of like a Ferrari made it America :rolleyes: .....Just wouldn't seem like the real deal. ;)

Yep.. that's how it works... but it takes hard work to win a customer. You like us and you tell 3 of your friends... we piss you off and you tell 10 friends, that tell 10 of theirs...

If you don't want to work hard, find a Governmrnt job. (you and I know that would last a day at best, a man has to work) (BTW Canada and NZ are more alike than you'd think)

Can't you feel the love! :heart: ....Don't hold back next time.....Please tell us what Stihl dealers really think of Dolmars. :laugh:

Actually, we feel nothing - dead, numb, cold.... They have close to zero % market share around here.... If a guy doesn't want stihl, I encourage them to buy Dolmar -that way Husky looses another sale. lololo

I know three guys that have them... and have to fiddle with them now and then..:)

Last edited:
Lake I read it again. I'm hot now. I'm pointing my American made Stihl missle launcher toward those bas-tards now.

Giving you a heads up, if you see a 660 go zooming over your house its just them bas-tards throwing it back to me.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I'll show them bas-tards, talk bout us like that, them uhhhhhhh them uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BAS-TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing glaring... It's a decent cutting saw... Not as "solid" as a 460/660 (wimply plastic) and the throttle cable leaves much to be desired. I don't like the carb to cylinder mount, but...

If you want used parts, good luck - Dolmar has a tiny market share.

Chain adjuster ..... hmmm...

Yes, the filter sucks.. but given the amount of wood you cut, I doubt your choice will make much difference:greenchainsaw:

this post speaks volumes! i have been reading lakes posts for over a year now. i feel i have learned to interpret them a little. lake, it is because of this post that i have decided to buy a dolmar 7900. thank you lakeside53!
:cheers:

this post speaks volumes! i have been reading lakes posts for over a year now. i feel i have learned to interpret them a little. lake, it is because of this post that i have decided to buy a dolmar 7900. thank you lakeside53!

Perfect. Another sale Husky looses:greenchainsaw:

:dizzy: After that list, I think i'd buy the 460.:greenchainsaw:

Lake I read it again. I'm hot now. I'm pointing my American made Stihl missle launcher toward those bas-tards now.

Giving you a heads up, if you see a 660 go zooming over your house its just them bas-tards throwing it back to me.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I'll show them bas-tards, talk bout us like that, them uhhhhhhh them uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BAS-TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carefull.., it might have a bosch igntion and "malfunction" as it enters their airspace...

seriously.
you seem to be so passionate about stihl that you almost bash other brands at times. i understand, i'm cool with that! so for you to post what you did......well,
dolmar must not be half bad!

can i get an amen?!?

I rarely bash other brands... and the 7900 is a decent saw.... but don't ask me about the 5100;) trap set...

Oh, have fun with the limited ignition;)

Carefull.., it might have a bosch igntion and "malfunction" as it enters their airspace...

Dayummm it to hell its war now. They kept the 660 and launched back a 7900 with a thank you note, its on now, them bas-tards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely bash other brands... and the 7900 is a decent saw.... but don't ask me about the 5100;) trap set...

Oh, have fun with the limited ignition;)

yeah, i heard about that. but why would i want it to not be limited?
if i don't mod it, whats the difference? and seeing as how it is a 'hotsaw right out of the box!' i see no need in modding.

i just read the bulletin on the air filter. if it fixes the biggest concern with the saw, then i think the extra $80 is well spent. still a bargain!

They needed to study the 660, and have just doubled their sales for the month by sending you the 7900..

Thats alright. I just opened up the silo. They wanna play hardsaw, fine by me. I'm launching over MR LEAKY, that will show em I mean business. When that baby dumps that oil tank on their azz they will change that website. Stand back, this silo launcher is a bad mofo...

Kabooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

Back