Going to an ECHO Seminar tomorrow.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toro-MTD

Red, thanks for clearing that up,I just
knew I didn't want MTD rebadged as
Toro. Once you outsource production, you are sliding fast. As to WH and JD,my Gravely
(1977) stackes right up there,or better, love those old Kohlers.
Rob

Your sales guy is showing his lack of knowledge.. he's back in his ABC... C is better than B which is better than A which is...

Sure... Ultra sucks in 2 strokes.. sure... as for keeping 4-mix "alive" .. lololol - the HP Super works great in 4-mixes... pretty much all we sell for 90% of them. He OLD "Low Smoke" oil which HP Super replaced was a big problem... maybe he's confused with that?

Stihl is in the process of certifying Ultra in a NEW classification which considers parameters not even addressed in the current Jasco and ISO specs. The spec is still being developed. Don't get all wound up what printed on the bottle or on a site.. that's the "MINIMUM" spec it's been tested to. You'll find it will join the ISO-L-EGD spec soon enough.

Groan... I got suckered into another oil thread...

And with a sucker :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Under trees no breeze, hot, thick scrub, echo blend fumes and smokes, thanks but I'll be giving it a miss

Im back!!!

okay, where to begin?

CS-440 is discontinued.

CS-400 will be it's immediate replacement, until the CS-450 debuts in a few months. CS-450 will be a metal case saw.

New Trimmer, the SRM-500U. That is a 53cc 2 stroke trimmer...The SRM-400 is gone.

Echo is NOT planning on any 4 stroke or hybrid technology at any point in the near or distant future. As it is right now, ALL of Echo's equipment passes ALL required levels of CARB and all EPA standards with flying colors. Not need to be like Stihl...Make sh*tty homeowner stuff so you can make more saws...All Echo equipment is of the highest quality with no drop between Homeowner and Commercial grade...it's all commercial quality.

Echo does have a Stratified motor on the market...It's in the PB-500 backpack blower.

But it is NOT piston port...It is actually a piston port setup, but it has reeds. The Strato intake splits into 2 runners out of the carb body, running to either side of the jug. The strato ports have reed valves as well as the primary intake. This way there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for the mixture to become contaminated with fresh air, and the Strato design is able to do exactly what it was supposed to. Flush out exhaust gasses, and prevent the fuel charge from going out the exhaust.

Echo is simply experementing right now with this design, and has no intentions of putting it on ANY other models at any point in the near future, just getting all their ducks in a row, should the EPA come down with more strict standards.

I misunderstood yesterday, it wasnt the Power Pruners that had a problem with the gear boxes...it was the headge trimmers. To remedy this, they replaced the 1mm thick case plate with a 1.5mm thick plate, and are installing hardended gears.

On the power Pruners, they made the flex cable longer to prevent breakage, also made the cable 5/16" from 1/4".

NEARLY EVERY MODEL WILL BE ORANGE BY THE END of 2008.

No drastic changes are anticipated for the CS-520, 670, 8000.

A Camo Saw case is now offered for the CS-330MX4.:D

Echo is now coming out with a few more new trimmers...The SRM 280, and 265. The 280 will replace the SRM 311, and the 265 will replace the venerable 260/261

I received my "Echo Service Technician" certficate....:rockn: :rockn: And a Echo Service Tech Hat.

I loves me some Echos.....:bowdown:

Im back!!!

okay, where to begin?

CS-440 is discontinued.

CS-400 will be it's immediate replacement, until the CS-450 debuts in a few months. CS-450 will be a metal case saw.

New Trimmer, the SRM-500U. That is a 53cc 2 stroke trimmer...The SRM-400 is gone.

Echo is NOT planning on any 4 stroke or hybrid technology at any point in the near or distant future. As it is right now, ALL of Echo's equipment passes ALL required levels of CARB and all EPA standards with flying colors. Not need to be like Stihl...Make sh*tty homeowner stuff so you can make more saws...All Echo equipment is of the highest quality with no drop between Homeowner and Commercial grade...it's all commercial quality.

Echo does have a Stratified motor on the market...It's in the PB-500 backpack blower.

But it is NOT piston port...It is actually a piston port setup, but it has reeds. The Strato intake splits into 2 runners out of the carb body, running to either side of the jug. The strato ports have reed valves as well as the primary intake. This way there is NO POSSIBLE WAY for the mixture to become contaminated with fresh air, and the Strato design is able to do exactly what it was supposed to. Flush out exhaust gasses, and prevent the fuel charge from going out the exhaust.

Echo is simply experementing right now with this design, and has no intentions of putting it on ANY other models at any point in the near future, just getting all their ducks in a row, should the EPA come down with more strict standards.

I misunderstood yesterday, it wasnt the Power Pruners that had a problem with the gear boxes...it was the headge trimmers. To remedy this, they replaced the 1mm thick case plate with a 1.5mm thick plate, and are installing hardended gears.

On the power Pruners, they made the flex cable longer to prevent breakage, also made the cable 5/16" from 1/4".

NEARLY EVERY MODEL WILL BE ORANGE BY THE END of 2008.

No drastic changes are anticipated for the CS-520, 670, 8000.

A Camo Saw case is now offered for the CS-330MX4.:D

Echo is now coming out with a few more new trimmers...The SRM 280, and 265. The 280 will replace the SRM 311, and the 265 will replace the venerable 260/261

I received my "Echo Service Technician" certficate....:rockn: :rockn: And a Echo Service Tech Hat.

I loves me some Echos.....:bowdown:

You are doing equipment repair? Good for you....recieving the certificate. :clap: :clap:

Do you know when are they coming out with the new stuff? I have been on the Echo site . nothing new. I am looking for a hedge trimmer with a bigger motor, wonder they will have one or not. I have Echo HC151. It just don't cut well, I bought it new, and still is very new, less than 5 hours of use, it just does not cut smooth at all.

The CS-450 is due for release in March 08.

True, but like he said, he couldnt get ahold of a single one for us to Demo today, so the March date is assuming there are no more hangups.

Im thinking that originally they expected to bring out the CS-400 and CS-450 together, but the 450 may have needed more attention.

You are doing equipment repair? Good for you....recieving the certificate. :clap: :clap:

Do you know when are they coming out with the new stuff? I have been on the Echo site . nothing new. I am looking for a hedge trimmer with a bigger motor, wonder they will have one or not. I have Echo HC151. It just don't cut well, I bought it new, and still is very new, less than 5 hours of use, it just does not cut smooth at all.

When you say it doesnt cut smooth...what do you mean?

What are you cutting? The 151 should blow through thick azaleas and most any hedge plants that the branches will fit within the teeth. Are you getting full throttle?

Top speed should be between 9500 and 11,500 according to the 2008 Quick Reference Manual.

Id shoot for 10,500-11,500

Whatever happened to the Echo - Shindaiwa merger thing, is that still a go?

Not going to happen. Echo/Kioritz is a stand alone company that is perfectly happy with the direction they are going.

They DID say that Echo is helping Shindaiwa with EPA problems though.

OK Red, when will my saws blow up since Im using HP Ultra mix? Im getting scared now that I know Im using bad synthetic oil in my 2 strokes.

Red's swigged the COOL-AID LOLOLL

yep 21cc commercial trimmers lolol Sure glad I have one of those sh*tty Stihl 4-mix homeowner trimmers....

And Red, EPA... - yep, they don't have to do squat until 2010/11, but by then you'll see a huge change in your adopted product line. Hope you're getting lots of EPA credits for those big saw sales.. oh... that's right ... ;)

Anyhow, congrats on your new hat! :D

I guess its good that someone is updating everyone on the echo line. To be quite honest I don't know much or very little about the discontinued models let alone the new models.

So when are you going to take your commercial saw lineup out for another day of commercial cutting? ;)

OK Red, when will my saws blow up since Im using HP Ultra mix? Im getting scared now that I know Im using bad synthetic oil in my 2 strokes.

Only Time will tell, but It's sad you acknowledge using a clearly inferior oil in such expensive equipment. At least use the Super...it's got a higher rating.

That post I made was sarcasm. How many people have reported nothing but gold stars for Ultra oil? You think because you went to a stupid seminar and was told an oil was inferior that its true? :sucks:

That post I made was sarcasm. How many people have reported nothing but gold stars for Ultra oil? You think because you went to a stupid seminar and was told an oil was inferior that its true? :sucks:

If I paid what Stihl gets for ultra...Id swear it was the sheit too....:laugh:

The oil is rated JASO FB...which is 2 steps BEHIND The Powerblend, Husky XP, and Stihl HP SUPER...

Im not "saying" it is inferior, Im pointing out that it in FACT possesses an inferior rating.

The rating by itself doesnt always cut the mustard. What I learn and see from mine and other people's testimonies mean more. Not just any people but people like on this site (some) that use it every day in their work saws over time and have conclusive reports to make.

If I paid what Stihl gets for ultra...Id swear it was the sheit too....:laugh:

The oil is rated JASO FB...which is 2 steps BEHIND The Powerblend, Husky XP, and Stihl HP SUPER...

Im not "saying" it is inferior, Im pointing out that it in FACT possesses an inferior rating.

...foolish...

You know little about the topic... other than what you read on the bottle/website. Oh... no, I'm wrong.... it what you were told by the Husky rep! :laugh:

So... Mobile 2T is inferior also 'cos it has a lower "rating"???

BTW.. HP Super is "inferior" to Ultra....

The rating by itself doesnt always cut the mustard. What I learn and see from mine and other people's testimonies mean more. Not just any people but people like on this site (some) that use it every day in their work saws over time and have conclusive reports to make.

One of our clients runs SRM 311's, 260's, and 210's all week long in his business, dozens of trimmers. He exclusively uses Echo Power Blend. Comes in every Monday Morning and buys a few 3lb spools of Echo Line, and a few cases of Power Blend mix. He has YET to burn one up, or wear one out. So far the problem has been people running over them with the Utility Vehicles, or taking the air filters out because "they were clogged", and using it for months like this.

Back