Going to an ECHO Seminar tomorrow.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our clients runs SRM 311's, 260's, and 210's all week long in his business, dozens of trimmers. He exclusively uses Echo Power Blend. Comes in every Monday Morning and buys a few 3lb spools of Echo Line, and a few cases of Power Blend mix. He has YET to burn one up, or wear one out. So far the problem has been people running over them with the Utility Vehicles, or taking the air filters out because "they were clogged", and using it for months like this.

I bet Andy can share similar stories about his logger clientel using ultra.

I have dozens of customers that have never used anything other than TC rated "dino oil", and they have run their equipment commercialy for years.. but that doesn't make it better than a decent full synthetic oil.

Last edited:
I bet Andy can share similar stories about his logger clientel using ultra.

Ha! I did one better..:biggrinbounce2: No... using Red's rating system.. 3 better!!!!

I do know the difference when I pull the engines down though... which is why I moved to full syn

Last edited:
Ha! I did one better..:biggrinbounce2: No... using Red's rating system.. 3 better!!!!

I do know the difference when I pull the engines down though... which is why I moved to full syn
Didn't you post some internal pictures of some saws with a lot of hours on them that used exclusively synthetic?

I remember Ben Walker posting pics of a snowmobile motor once.

If I paid what Stihl gets for ultra...Id swear it was the sheit too....:laugh:

The oil is rated JASO FB...which is 2 steps BEHIND The Powerblend, Husky XP, and Stihl HP SUPER...

Im not "saying" it is inferior, Im pointing out that it in FACT possesses an inferior rating.

An NHRA Funny Car doesn't have an NHTSA 5 star crash rating like a Kia minivan does, but i know which one I would rather be in during a crash at 200+ MPH....

Whatever...

When you say it doesnt cut smooth...what do you mean?

What are you cutting? The 151 should blow through thick azaleas and most any hedge plants that the branches will fit within the teeth. Are you getting full throttle?

Top speed should be between 9500 and 11,500 according to the 2008 Quick Reference Manual.

Id shoot for 10,500-11,500

The stem that I tried to cut is not that big, 1/4" max. Mostly just 1/8". They can fit into the slot. I don't know the rpm, I squeeze the throtle all the way and was reving loud. I tried moving slow to give time for the trimmer to chew through, still not too good, always have to go over and over the same spot.

The engine don't seem to be the problem, it never slow down, the stems just don't seem to want to go into the teeth to be cut. It was like this from day one, never give it a thought, I just chuck it as me being lousy until I happened to see a pro trimming, his trimmer went through the branches like butter!!!!

Do you think the HC151 is too small?

Thanks

Guys!!!! How is going to Echo semina turning into an oil debate again???? Can't have enough of it?????:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You might not know it, deep down......deep deep deep down........you just love it.

The stem that I tried to cut is not that big, 1/4" max. Mostly just 1/8". They can fit into the slot. I don't know the rpm, I squeeze the throtle all the way and was reving loud. I tried moving slow to give time for the trimmer to chew through, still not too good, always have to go over and over the same spot.

The engine don't seem to be the problem, it never slow down, the stems just don't seem to want to go into the teeth to be cut. It was like this from day one, never give it a thought, I just chuck it as me being lousy until I happened to see a pro trimming, his trimmer went through the branches like butter!!!!

Do you think the HC151 is too small?

Thanks

Guys!!!! How is going to Echo semina turning into an oil debate again???? Can't have enough of it?????:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You might not know it, deep down......deep deep deep down........you just love it.

Should go through 1/8" like mad. Make sure your blades are lining up right, and make sure they are fully overlapping when they reciprocate. Also make sure that the bolts down the cutting arm are not loose or missing.

That thing should go through 1/4" branches like they were toothpicks, and yes I am serious.

Back