GOOD AND BADS SAWS ON SALE NOW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave mclennan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IVE NOTICED lots of new saws in our group of firwood guys one guy bought a new husky 455 rancher and of course I asked him if I could try it, wow what a lump heavy and little jam I thought one of the guys bought a new echo cs590 timberwolf and I thought it had great jam I realize the husky 455 is on 56 cc and the echo is 58cc or 59cc but what a difference I wonder if the husky 460 is any better? on paper it doesn't look like it, the guy who bought the timberwolf said he paid 509$ cdn {about 422$ us] man our cdn money is worthless, anyway I really liked the timberwolf for a 60cc saw abit heavy but for the $ cant be beat, why anyone would buy the husky 455 or 460 Rancher for the same money ill never no

IVE NOTICED lots of new saws in our group of firwood guys one guy bought a new husky 455 rancher and of course I asked him if I could try it, wow what a lump heavy and little jam I thought one of the guys bought a new echo cs590 timberwolf and I thought it had great jam I realize the husky 455 is on 56 cc and the echo is 58cc or 59cc but what a difference I wonder if the husky 460 is any better? on paper it doesn't look like it, the guy who bought the timberwolf said he paid 509$ cdn {about 422$ us] man our cdn money is worthless, anyway I really liked the timberwolf for a 60cc saw abit heavy but for the $ cant be beat, why anyone would buy the husky 455 or 460 Rancher for the same money ill never no
I prefer the 590s i have 2 of them.
But i can't fault the 455s I've serviced them since they first were released.
And there is many in use here my cousin has been cutting firewood for three family's with his for around.
10 year's.
It was a trash find lean seized and he rebuilt it.
And has cut countless loads of wood with it.
Haven't ran a 460 much or even seen a 465.
Actually more 290 291 310 390 than anything around here for firewood.
Echo are the best for the money i think.20170804_152716.jpg

The 590 just a better saw in general than the husqy 460. Here in the states a 590 can go for 400 or less while the 460 can pass 500. The 590 has a full metal case while the 460 is plastic with a clamshell engine. Both are good but the 590 is much more at less cost.

The 590 just a better saw in general than the husqy 460. Here in the states a 590 can go for 400 or less while the 460 can pass 500. The 590 has a full metal case while the 460 is plastic with a clamshell engine. Both are good but the 590 is much more at less cost.
I'm sure the rancher huskys will last the husky dealer up here has sold them for decades, I was just surprised at the power output for 56 ccs I didn't realize the echo cs 590 timberwolf had a magnesium crankcase that's great for a homeowner saw at that price point, 1 of the guys I know went today to buy a cs 590 while the sale was on and they were sold out. and the dealer said he would have to wait a week for one, there selling like crazy here, one reason being more and more folks are burning wood because the wood stoves are so much better than they used to be, I know 3 retired couples burning wood now, and a cord of split decent firewood goes for $250.00 cdn not cheap, if you have to buy it. nothing like wood heat for cold Canadian winters though.

Local price ( Finland ) for Echo 590 starts around 669€ ( = 790 usd / 985 cad ), if the price would be same as 499 cad (= 339 € :surprised3:) it would be very hard to ignore !

And just for the comparison: Dolmar ps-6100 690€ ( = 815 usd )

RV

I like my 590 but I can't say anything bad about the 455. A good friend has been running his for probly 10 years with no problems. When I got my 590 I was disappointed the 455 would outcut it but after 8-10 tanks it was a different story.

Local price ( Finland ) for Echo 590 starts around 669€ ( = 790 usd / 985 cad ), if the price would be same as 499 cad (= 339 € :surprised3:) it would be very hard to ignore !

And just for the comparison: Dolmar ps-6100 690€ ( = 815 usd )

RV
I've talked to several guy's that have said the same.
Echo/shindaiwa are close to pro saw price's in their country's.
We are very fortunate here.
Mine were 275.00 per saw shipped to my door new from ebay.
Usually 315.00-350.00 now.
Several guy's i know have bought them after trying mine.
Five year's on mine only replaced the chain tensioner.
Free from echo they have upgraded those now.
As popular as they are i'm hoping someone makes a 70cc big bore kit for them.

Back