good deal or no

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshnnh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a 281 and a 272 for 400$. The guy also has a 288 that he says another guy has put taken interest in. I like the price for the pair. Does that sound like a good price. They are both in good working condition. What should I offer him for a 288 to swipe it before the other guy has a chance

I have a chance to pick up a 281 and a 272 for 400$. The guy also has a 288 that he says another guy has put taken interest in. I like the price for the pair. Does that sound like a good price. They are both in good working condition. What should I offer him for a 288 to swipe it before the other guy has a chance

For both? Do it!
The 288 would depend on condition of course. $200 to $375 would be in the ballpark.

Yep, I think that's a decent price for the pair. I sold a 272 for $300 recently and it was well used. For a 288... Depends on condition. $3-500, maybe more if it's real nice, maybe less if it's a POS.

Yep, I think that's a decent price for the pair. I sold a 272 for $300 recently and it was well used. For a 288... Depends on condition. $3-500, maybe more if it's real nice, maybe less if it's a POS.
Given the age of it I would call it good working order

I paid $350 for a 272xp a bit ago. Saw is in very nice shape and came with new 20" bar an chain. The $400 is a good price if condition is good. offer the dude $250 for 288.

Back