Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Spike.... I know the 30th has come and gone but the maillady just dropped off a check in the amount of $500.00 from a AS member in Washington............

So If Its Not Too Late tag 50 tickets..............

Scott

Just when I thought I was getting caught up on filling out the tickets.:cheers:

That is truly amazing. I got the PM. Are we not supposed to say who this is, or is it OK to identify him?

Hey Spike.... I know the 30th has come and gone but the maillady just dropped off a check in the amount of $500.00 from a AS member in Washington............

So If Its Not Too Late tag 50 tickets..............

Scott
I'd like to see the family get the good from the contributions. Before sending it back what was the postmark date.

I'm not a regular poster to this forum, but has anybody given though to what happens if one contributor takes more than one prize ? Are they increasing their odds of winning a prize or every prize by dropping a bundle in the pot ?

Just a thought, maybe already covered but didnt see it mentioned before.

I'd like to see the family get the good from the contributions. Before sending it back what was the postmark date.

I'm not a regular poster to this forum, but has anybody given though to what happens if one contributor takes more than one prize ? Are they increasing their odds of winning a prize or every prize by dropping a bundle in the pot ?

Just a thought, maybe already covered but didnt see it mentioned before.

Well, it hasn't come up yet, but there is no way to limit anyone. Obviously the odds of winning are increased by the number of tickets bought.

But this has really been more about helping than winning. With that in mind, it should be noted that the member who bought the 50 tickets said that if he wins the saw, he wants it given to the guy who got hurt. So, it's not a case of someone looking to get an armload of prizes.

Well, it hasn't come up yet, but there is no way to limit anyone. Obviously the odds of winning are increased by the number of tickets bought.

But this has really been more about helping than winning. With that in mind, it should be noted that the member who bought the 50 tickets said that if he wins the saw, he wants it given to the guy who got hurt. So, it's not a case of someone looking to get an armload of prizes.

Yes, I understand their odds are increased by the # of tickets purchased. No problem with that, at all.

Thanks.

What with the way the world is turnin' it does a heart good to see all these people helping out for most on here, a complete stranger.

May God Bless all that have donated.

Last edited:
Spike how is the family doing I hope things are getting better for them. Even though everybody really pitched in here it's got to be just a drop in the bucket when it comes to medical bills. I just hope he's doing better and pray that all goes well for him and his family in the future.

My 2 cents

This whole thing is not about wining in my opinion, it's about helping. If there are any winners it is those who have donated saws. They are the ones who have stepped up and put something on the line with no chance of getting anything. I believe that the term "hero's" is over used, but these guys come close. JR

This whole thing is not about wining in my opinion, it's about helping. If there are any winners it is those who have donated saws. They are the ones who have stepped up and put something on the line with no chance of getting anything. I believe that the term "hero's" is over used, but these guys come close. JR

Nailed it!

Kevin

:agree2:

:agree2:

Last edited:
Well time to do a little tallying up as to where we are.

$1220-Checks sent directly here.
$3395- paypal donations. Way to go cutting edge.
$530- Local cash sales
$500- Anonymous donation that cuttinscott posted earlier.

So we are now standing at $5645. 90% of it from the good folks right here on AS.

Other than the obvious gratitude to everyone who has donated, some special thanks to a few who really made a difference.

Darin for allowing us to use the forum to do this.

Scott and Steve up at the Cutting Edge who really put this over the top by opening up the Paypal floodgate, and then adding the two Dolmars to the prize list.

Scooterbum for donating the 066, giving the Stihl contingent some representation.

Bookerdog and TST for modding the 372.

And our local town councilman Henry Rank who donated the raffle tickets that I've spent the last couple nights filling out.

If I forgot anyone, I'll be sure to mention it later.

I'll keep you posted on the drawing this Saturday. Probably a little after lunch, and we will drag it out and post 'em one at a time. :cheers:

Well time to do a little tallying up as to where we are.

$1220-Checks sent directly here.
$3395- paypal donations. Way to go cutting edge.
$530- Local cash sales
$500- Anonymous donation that cuttinscott posted earlier.

So we are now standing at $5645. 90% of it from the good folks right here on AS.

Other than the obvious gratitude to everyone who has donated, some special thanks to a few who really made a difference.

Darin for allowing us to use the forum to do this.

Scott and Steve up at the Cutting Edge who really put this over the top by opening up the Paypal floodgate, and then adding the two Dolmars to the prize list.

Scooterbum for donating the 066, giving the Stihl contingent some representation.

Bookerdog and TST for modding the 372.

And our local town councilman Henry Rank who donated the raffle tickets that I've spent the last couple nights filling out.

If I forgot anyone, I'll be sure to mention it later.

I'll keep you posted on the drawing this Saturday. Probably a little after lunch, and we will drag it out and post 'em one at a time. :cheers:
Ummm I think you forgot someone. His name is SPIKE 60 !!! You da man!

Latest posts

Back