Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 tickets via paypal sent. As in the comments section, if I win, sell or raffle off the saw again for the gentleman.

Ian

Spike must be out playing hockey?:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah I was, and I'm sure feeling it today. Took the summer off and it was first time on skates since March. At my age that's a long layoff that has a price to pay! When I go up and down the stairs my knees sound like Rice Crispys.

This thread is really taking off, and I'll post some updates shortly. One of which will prove mighty interesting.

One quick point I'll make is that there is no race between the paypal entries and those coming by snail mail. Everyone will get an entry since we have eliminated the 200 ticket minimum, as I explained in an earlier post.

Got a customer, be back in a little bit.

Another thanks to Scott and Steve for helping otu with patpal and another saw.

Good Guy Needs Help

Spike
Remember to take a cardoard box when you go to get your mail Monday at the Post Office. The mailed in payments should start to appearing soon!
Thanks to Cutting Scott and Steve too!

Geez, you guys are freaking incredible! This is really some response. So much of a response that I think I should change the parameters a little bit. There seems to be the potential for a lot more than 200 tickets being sold. And as one member mentioned, the chopper ride alone is insanely expensive. I talked this over with a couple of members. Ultras' input is always valued. Cuttinscott graciously offered to help me with a paypal deal, which is something that I've never used, and haven't a clue as to how it works. I think that to keep it simple I'd like to stick with the checks and money orders for now. Keeping track of who paid how much for how many tickets would be nuts if we started running paypal from Scott, through me, to the family.

Primarily I'll make two changes. Although most of you guys have offered to leave your check in the pot, I think that everyone should still have a chance to win something. So, first I'll eliminate the 200 ticket minimum. But since that changes the odds, we might as well give away another saw. So, there will be a second prize of either a 346NE or 2153. Again, winners choice of which brand.

The original limit of 200 was in part to make the odds of winning more attractive and the tickets therefore easier to sell. I realize that me changing the deal like this may not sit well with someone who feels that he has less of a chance of winning. If anyone who has already mailed a check would like to change his mind because of this, just send me a PM, and I'll return your check. I do feel a little uneasy changing the rules after we started, so I'll completely understand and I won't mention it to anyone.

So, instead of counting tickets, we'll just see how many we can sell from now until Sept. 30. The drawings will still be at the GTG in October. Also, we are donating the saws, so every dollar is going to the family.

Thanks again guys!

The way this reads, there is NO LIMIT to the number of tickets sold.

So dig in and help this family!

You Guys and Gals are awesome Im glad a network of sawnuts hehehehe can get together in the time of need for someone who can really use the help. Keep up the great work and keep those checks and paypals coming in. :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

Scott

Ohh YEA you may just WIN a FREE chain saw As Well...................................................

Last edited:
You Guys and Gals are awesome Im glad a network fo sawnuts hehehehe can get together in the time of need for someone who can really use the help. Keep up the great work and keep those checks and paypals coming in. :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

Scott

Ohh YEA you may just WIN a FREE chain saw As Well...................................................

No sir, you rock.

You Guys and Gals are awesome Im glad a network fo sawnuts hehehehe can get together in the time of need for someone who can really use the help. Keep up the great work and keep those checks and paypals coming in. :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

Scott

I'll take the red and black or the orange and black...........:cheers: :cheers:

Palpal sent. Give my regards to the family. almost did the same thing myself 4 weeks ago but with a riding mower after topping off the tank. Had to use the fire extinguiser on that 1..

Paypal sent

along with prayers for this family. Also respect and gratitude for everyone's kindness in opening their hearts and wallets for this family.

Back