Got a new saw today its orange but not husky or stihl.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my CS530 and 346NE were purchased new by me. I can compare them all day long if i want. The CS530 has plastics that are better (thicker), the on-off toggle switch is metal and much better, the automotive style air filter does a great job and is much less fragile, the air filter securely and evenly seats with a center mounted screw. The swrench is even better. The 346 spools up faster though but both can be stopped dead in their tracks with a heavy hand. The 530 wont cost ya an extra clutch cover either because it comes orange already!:msp_w00t: Maybe the 346 ports easier because of its design, both cut wood straight from the box in stock form.

Love my Echo CS600p so much so I sold off the Stihl MS362 and I am not looking back :rock:
003-7.jpg

I have had both NE and OE 346's. When they came out with the new cylinder cover plastics on the NE 346 I couldnt stand them. Looked all shiney and felt cheesy compared to the old plastics on the OE saws. JMO :msp_wink:

Just being honest and not being bias like some. I love my huskys 346 362 365 372. My favorite saws to work on too.

I have had both NE and OE 346's. When they came out with the new cylinder cover plastics on the NE 346 I couldnt stand them. Looked all shiney and felt cheesy compared to the old plastics on the OE saws. JMO :msp_wink:

Just being honest and not being bias like some. I love my huskys 346 362 365 372. My favorite saws to work on too.

I love my Huskys also, some Echo's are worthy saws as well.

Nice score on the saw !

Nice saw, great value !

I'M a husky owner, have a '07 455 20" and new 365 28" I just bought. I love my husky's and they love me....I'd take them to bed if I wasn't afraid I'd cut my :censored: off...:hmm3grin2orange:

However, :mad2:I'm still cussing :censored:at myself for giving away my trusty Echo CS400 18". It was my first saw, always cut like a champ never ever left me in a lurch... Always fired right up...What more could I ask ?

I was living in the burbs in a new house in a new development and not a mature tree in sight. I gave it away to a friend thinking I'd never need it again. A few short years latter, I'm back in the hills with acreage and cutting down trees in the summer & heating with wood all winter. I love my Huskies but miss my Echo...IMO, they make great saws for the $ and for many of us we will never get the value from a true pro saw because we simply do not log hours to justify it.

Enjoy the new saw, you should be proud of it it's a great score !

Nice saw, great value !

I'M a husky owner, have a '07 455 20" and new 365 28" I just bought. I love my husky's and they love me....I'd take them to bed if I wasn't afraid I'd cut my :censored: off...:hmm3grin2orange:

However, :mad2:I'm still cussing :censored:at myself for giving away my trusty Echo CS400 18". It was my first saw, always cut like a champ never ever left me in a lurch... Always fired right up...What more could I ask ?

I was living in the burbs in a new house in a new development and not a mature tree in sight. I gave it away to a friend thinking I'd never need it again. A few short years latter, I'm back in the hills with acreage and cutting down trees in the summer & heating with wood all winter. I love my Huskies but miss my Echo...IMO, they make great saws for the $ and for many of us we will never get the value from a true pro saw because we simply do not log hours to justify it.

Enjoy the new saw, you should be proud of it it's a great score !

Appreciate it! My first saw was a echo 370 you could probably do a search and find that thread from 2 yrs ago haha. That saw put food on the table for me and my ex gf. I was laid off with no unemployment and she was a college student. Every weekend it would fill the back of my 3/4 ton just shy of a cord. I traded it for a poulan 3400 for whatever reason.....ever since ive wanted another one. I never had one single problem with the echo 370 and it did more work then some of the big saws on here!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Love my Echo CS600p so much so I sold off the Stihl MS362 and I am not looking back :rock:
003-7.jpg

I did eye the 600p but it had a plastic wrap around which i thought was cheesy! Yours looks to have a aluminum one tho.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

003-7.jpg

Helluva saw right there:)
I like mine as much, if not more than my stihls. The filtration on the 600p is second to none. I modded the muffler on mine and its an absolute pleasure to cut with. Love the echos

Still haven't got to take her out yet :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Echo cs8000 thoughts on buying new one!

Any thoughts about buying an Echo 8000? Been searching for a good deal on husky or stihl but came across an echo 8000 for $850. and will work with me on a sale price. Am I making a mistake? Dealer sells huskys also but thinks Echo is a bit better and, with a better, (5 year), warranty!

I'm learning as much as I can in a very short time and haven't seen much on thoughts about the Echo.

Thanks for any info. or advice guys!

Right this second for that money? This is what I would do: Check this out: Theres a ported husky 372xp in the auctions link above (if it is still there). *someone* is gonna snag it....

then just keep your eyes out for a used or rebuildable cs 8000, nice saws. That husky will most likely cut all the big wood you need to cut though, and a lot more aftermarket parts for them.

Like some guys here, mine started as a broken firemans quickvent saw and I converted it to a regular saw design, just used the good quickvent engine then replaced all the exterior everything rom a conventional 8000 with a bad engine. Worked out well and not into it for that much money.

Steve username freakingstang has a ported dolmar 7300 for $450 in trader auction area. He is from Ohio too and you could test drive if you leave close by I bet. I would bet you are 45mins to hour from Steve. 2hrs from me.

If your near me you can test drive a 8000 with 24". I like the 8000 but for $850 I would be looking at a different saw for my money. Dont get me wrong my 8000 will cut with all saws in the class. Just on the heavy side.

Lot of good like new saws out there in that size 71cc-80cc for $350-$450 IMO.

Last edited:
Back