Got my first felling gig to try my new MS170. How much should I charge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to find pics but last year my in laws had a big willow blow down on there house. The trunk had to be 6 ft across. It took it off the roof and found it was laying on the power line. So dte came out and finished it. I figured up a bill over 1200 or 1400 don't remember exactly. The insurance adjuster came out and said I was to cheap. I hauled it away too. They live right in town on like a 1/4 of an acre.

Did not read all the posts, but the price Chris posted would be for an insured professional.

I would not take down a tree of that size with a 170. How much experience do you have? Do you have ropes, come alongs, wedges???

Don't get in over your head.

My advice is work with someone who has experience and learn the ropes correctly.
Just a minute friend , maybe the day that he go for cuting the tree ..................... " MyStihlWontStart"...........again .....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That 170 and a 18" bar will be fine. Oh yea don't forget to use a sloping back cut.

have any of you realized how many times brush ape has posted in this thread...the_old_curmudgeon

:laugh:

Some of you whine about him comin back , but your playin his game :ices_rofl:
What username is he posting under. I really want to see what all this BA fuss is about.

Back