Got quite a pile to cut and split. New 28" bar to get er done!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpOnTheHill

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have this pile to buck, move to the house and split, stack. I was at the right place at the right time and it was given to me. So far, I've brought home 3 loads with my 4x8 trailer and pickup bed full. Haven't even really put a dent in it. There's more wood here than the picture reveals. Some of the bigger logs are well over 30" diameter. I've identified ash, hard maple, locust and some kind of oak so far. All great firewood. I just got a new 28" power match with 2 loops of lgx to help get it done. My 20" was creating too much moving around and rolling logs. I'm hoping to get it all bucked and moved in the next 2 weeks. This summer, the guy is brining in 41 more trees of similar size to the same spot. I told him I could help to "get rid of" those too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 270
Looks good. How does the 365 pull that longer chain in the hardwoods?
I'm not sure, but I'll let you know in a day or two. It has a 76cc big bore kit, base gasket eliminated and muffler mod. It's tuned very rich running the 20" and hardly breaks a sweat. I'll lean it out a little and turn up the oiler for the 28" and I think it will do fine. This is the first time I've been able to run it in some big hardwood since I've got it. I'm used to my 350 and I have to say, this thing absolutely rips compared to the 350. I am amazed how much faster it cuts through a big log.

I'm used to my 350 and I have to say, this thing absolutely rips compared to the 350. I am amazed how much faster it cuts through a big log.

A 52cc homeowner 350 saw, compared to a 76cc Pro 365 saw? Not much question as to how big the difference was going to be between those two saws. The only question was how big your grin was going to be!:D

Cut a load after work today. The saw pulls the 28" with no complaint. I was impressed. Made short work of these rounds. I had to noodle them in half to load and they were about all I could lift. The saw has the 28 on it in the picture and my oil jug on the ground for size reference. I figure this will be about half a cord when split.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 64
365s are *nice*. Mine grew legs, so I replaced it with a (stock for now) 371xp with the help of a very generous member here.

Anyway, get wood score there man!

Back