Grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning, GRAPHIC content!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad ring? What would have cased that indentation right in the middle of the transfer..where the middle crack is? Is that a ring width? Seems like there's a matching mark on the piston, but who knows when in the cratering it all went down. A chunk of ring floating about then getting caught and pulled down would explain the transfer bridge getting pushed out like that.

Seems like lots of pointing towards port shape, etc, but if it's "milder" as Brad says then why would that be the cause?

Bad rings? Overly tight ring gap? Why did it crater when the throttle was blipped? I thought your typical ring hang was at low RPM's?

Just spoutin ideas...

-Desk Jockey

What was the ring gap Brad???

I didn't write it down, but did check it. I believe it was .012-.013. Again, just a reminder that these were not the rings that came with the BB kit. They were new Caber rings.

That would have been plenty. No ring gap will stuff a ring into a port easily!

You boys need to take this out back.....

We love you both, but you need to settle this........

Whoever wins will be "our" new leader.........

Using big words doesn't count...

Well, they do, only if they are spelled correctly.....

Baliff.....wack his peepee.....

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.....do I win???

unrelated to the topic at hand.
RETIREMENT NOW!!

Do you work on cars for a living? Probably not. OEM in car market doesn't mean ****!! In domestic anyway. My brother has a 07 ranger with 60,000km on it and it now needs a $700 repair, outs warranty.

Yes I do, as a matter of fact! And your little story means nothing just **** as you say. A ranger that we have no idea how it has been treated and has a prob at 60.000km who cares. The point is when replacing parts on a car such as fuel pumps, plug wires, brakes, alternators, Have you ever heard all the people say my first fuel pump lasted 100,000 miles then the next 2 only lasted 15000! Bingo! Work on cars everyday for a living and you'll come to trust the quality of oem, we dont use junk aftermarket parts and if the customer buys them and wants us to put them on, no cigar! We dont use anything other than oem.

Yes I do, as a matter of fact! And your little story means nothing just **** as you say. A ranger that we have no idea how it has been treated and has a prob at 60.000km who cares. The point is when replacing parts on a car such as fuel pumps, plug wires, brakes, alternators, Have you ever heard all the people say my first fuel pump lasted 100,000 miles then the next 2 only lasted 15000! Bingo! Work on cars everyday for a living and you'll come to trust the quality of oem, we dont use junk aftermarket parts and if the customer buys them and wants us to put them on, no cigar! We dont use anything other than oem.

I'd say it depends on the aftermarket company. But then, the advantage of oem is that you know it meets the manufacturer's specifications and it will work right. That's worth a lot when time is money.

I'd say it depends on the aftermarket company. But then, the advantage of oem is that you know it meets the manufacturer's specifications and it will work right. That's worth a lot when time is money.

:clap: Agreed spacemule, There are high quality aftermarket companies no doubt, like edelbrock for instance not the type companies I was referring to. I was talking about the walk into napa and get the cheapest fuel pump they have type junk.

Yep, OEM is the stuff.
That's probably why I had to put 2 OEM alternator's on my Dodge before I was forced to buy an Autozone cheapie.
The first one lasted about 6000 miles.
The second one only went about 4500 miles. I was out of town, and it was after dark. All those guy's that sell OEM had gone home for the night. So I crippled into the Autozone. I put that alternator on in their parking lot and it's been there ever since (about 50,000 miles).
I put 5 OEM lift pumps on that truck in less than 3 years before I finally went to an aftermarket pump that lasted a lot longer than OEM. Then I finally went to an Airdog.

Now I really don't care much for Autozone. They are a PITA to deal with. But their cheapie re-manufactured alternator has held up 10 times as long as the OEM's.
If OEM was as good as what I'm reading here, there wouldn't be any vehicle breakdown's or re-call's.

Andy

:clap: Agreed spacemule, There are high quality aftermarket companies no doubt, like edelbrock for instance not the type companies I was referring to. I was talking about the walk into napa and get the cheapest fuel pump they have type junk.

It's funny you mention NAPA and fuel pump...Most of the NAPA pumps are reboxed Delphi and Bosch, which are the same manufactuars that OE use...

I will agree that not all aftermarket is good, but there is a lot of parts out there that are the same or even better that are sold under different badges...:)

Yep, OEM is the stuff.
That's probably why I had to put 2 OEM alternator's on my Dodge before I was forced to buy an Autozone cheapie.
The first one lasted about 6000 miles.
The second one only went about 4500 miles. I was out of town, and it was after dark. All those guy's that sell OEM had gone home for the night. So I crippled into the Autozone. I put that alternator on in their parking lot and it's been there ever since (about 50,000 miles).
I put 5 OEM lift pumps on that truck in less than 3 years before I finally went to an aftermarket pump that lasted a lot longer than OEM. Then I finally went to an Airdog.

Now I really don't care much for Autozone. They are a PITA to deal with. But their cheapie re-manufactured alternator has held up 10 times as long as the OEM's.
If OEM was as good as what I'm reading here, there wouldn't be any vehicle breakdown's or re-call's.

Andy
I put six of those POS oem lift pumps on before going to a FASS Fuel system. No problem since. Some After market stuff is good. Some of it is China crap.

I put six of those POS oem lift pumps on before going to a FASS Fuel system. No problem since. Some After market stuff is good. Some of it is China crap.

Yep, and some of the OEM stuff is cheap crap too. As you and I have learned with those crappy OEM lift pumps. Too bad they don't price them like the cheep crap they are. They'd only cost about 99 cents instead of the $240 they get.

Andy

Yep, and some of the OEM stuff is cheap crap too. As you and I have learned with those crappy OEM lift pumps. Too bad they don't price them like the cheep crap they are. They'd only cost about 99 cents instead of the $240 they get.

Andy

Those pumps and where they were mounted was a poor design from the beginning. They could not handle the constant amount of pressure required to pull the fuel from the tank. They also was made very cheaply as you said and very expensive as you said. I have bought a lot of aftermarket stuff that was better than the original.

Speaking of auto zone, I went there last year for driveshaft bearing and two u-joints for a 3/4 ton truck. He brought out some Ho Chi Mihn made in china crap.

I ask him do you have something made in the USA. This is going on a truck that pulls weight. I don't want no china junk on it to fail. His answer was no.

haven't been back to auto zone since.

Those pumps and where they were mounted was a poor design from the beginning. They could not handle the constant amount of pressure required to pull the fuel from the tank. They also was made very cheaply as you said and very expensive as you said. I have bought a lot of aftermarket stuff that was better than the original.

Speaking of auto zone, I went there last year for driveshaft bearing and two u-joints for a 3/4 ton truck. He brought out some Ho Chi Mihn made in china crap.

I ask him do you have something made in the USA. This is going on a truck that pulls weight. I don't want no china junk on it to fail. His answer was no.

haven't been back to auto zone since.

Hahaha. I got off of Auto zone when I was converting a 67 Ford truck to take a 3 wire Delco alternator. Auto Zone wouldn't sell it to me because that wasn't an application that their computer called for. Said the warranty wouldn't be good. I told them it's $29, I don't want your damn warranty, I want an alternator. I had to go down the road to Napa. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Latest posts

Back