Grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning, GRAPHIC content!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha. I got off of Auto zone when I was converting a 67 Ford truck to take a 3 wire Delco alternator. Auto Zone wouldn't sell it to me because that wasn't an application that their computer called for. Said the warranty wouldn't be good. I told them it's $29, I don't want your damn warranty, I want an alternator. I had to go down the road to Napa. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy
:hmm3grin2orange: Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.:hmm3grin2orange:

Well sense we talkin junk truck parts..... Do not buy autozone ball joints! I went through 3 sets of uppers in 15 months. The top of the joint would completely blow off! The last one I bought was a Spicer from Napa. It was twice as heavy.

Yes I do, as a matter of fact! And your little story means nothing just **** as you say. A ranger that we have no idea how it has been treated and has a prob at 60.000km who cares. The point is when replacing parts on a car such as fuel pumps, plug wires, brakes, alternators, Have you ever heard all the people say my first fuel pump lasted 100,000 miles then the next 2 only lasted 15000! Bingo! Work on cars everyday for a living and you'll come to trust the quality of oem, we dont use junk aftermarket parts and if the customer buys them and wants us to put them on, no cigar! We dont use anything other than oem.

I work on cars every day for a living, and see allot of JUNK OEM Domestic ****. That was my point. Obviously you didn't get the point.

:clap: Agreed spacemule, There are high quality aftermarket companies no doubt, like edelbrock for instance not the type companies I was referring to. I was talking about the walk into napa and get the cheapest fuel pump they have type junk.

ha ha. Napa is about the worst for fuel pumps, AC Delco pumps are good, as well as Carter, Carter makes allot of "other" pumps.

Yep, OEM is the stuff.
That's probably why I had to put 2 OEM alternator's on my Dodge before I was forced to buy an Autozone cheapie.
The first one lasted about 6000 miles.
The second one only went about 4500 miles. I was out of town, and it was after dark. All those guy's that sell OEM had gone home for the night. So I crippled into the Autozone. I put that alternator on in their parking lot and it's been there ever since (about 50,000 miles).
I put 5 OEM lift pumps on that truck in less than 3 years before I finally went to an aftermarket pump that lasted a lot longer than OEM. Then I finally went to an Airdog.

Now I really don't care much for Autozone. They are a PITA to deal with. But their cheapie re-manufactured alternator has held up 10 times as long as the OEM's.
If OEM was as good as what I'm reading here, there wouldn't be any vehicle breakdown's or re-call's.

Andy

AHHH, finally someone that agrees with me. Your totally right!!!! I see allot of OEM JUNK in Domestic cars. Anybody that disagrees with me should pull their head outa their ass.

I've done Chrysler ECM's, plug them in, hmm, no good. Phone them back, ahh, can I have another! LOL Usually its second time's the charm.

Ford is the only Domestic I have any respect left for. Minus their 3v 5.4L Triton.

The one on the 94 probably was just worn out. They really are supposed to be changed every 150-200k any way. The 98-02 24 valve trucks are the one with the crappy fuel pumps.

The one on the 94 probably was just worn out. They really are supposed to be changed every 150-200k any way. The 98-02 24 valve trucks are the one with the crappy fuel pumps.
The first one of mine died at 41,000 miles and then i couldn't get 2000 miles off one. I replaced a couple and thought well hell maybe i'm doing it wrong. Nope, took it to dealer and bent over so they screw me good. Crapped out again. After six of em, I bought a Fass fuel system and solved that problem. Mine is a 2000 model. I took one apart and looked at it. I fully understood why it wouldn't last.

Yeah running electricity in the fuel doesn't seem too bright to me either. I think dodge should have just give a $500 check to people that bought a truck from 98-02 to go towards a FASS or Airdog.

Yeah running electricity in the fuel doesn't seem too bright to me either. I think dodge should have just give a $500 check to people that bought a truck from 98-02 to go towards a FASS or Airdog.
Yep, They would probably have saved money. What pisses you off is when you take one back for replacement, They will only replace it one time. then you have to buy another even though none of them lasted a month.

Ford is the only Domestic I have any respect left for. Minus their 3v 5.4L Triton.

Ill have to add the 6.0L international diesel to that list. Have a 04,05,and 07 and all three of them live at the repair shop. There ok until the warranty runs out and you gotta shell out 4000.00+ dollars ever 9 months to a year per truck. Big POS's

It's funny you mention NAPA and fuel pump...Most of the NAPA pumps are reboxed Delphi and Bosch, which are the same manufactuars that OE use...

I will agree that not all aftermarket is good, but there is a lot of parts out there that are the same or even better that are sold under different badges...:)

Yep, OEM is the stuff.
That's probably why I had to put 2 OEM alternator's on my Dodge before I was forced to buy an Autozone cheapie.
The first one lasted about 6000 miles.
The second one only went about 4500 miles. I was out of town, and it was after dark. All those guy's that sell OEM had gone home for the night. So I crippled into the Autozone. I put that alternator on in their parking lot and it's been there ever since (about 50,000 miles).
I put 5 OEM lift pumps on that truck in less than 3 years before I finally went to an aftermarket pump that lasted a lot longer than OEM. Then I finally went to an Airdog.

Now I really don't care much for Autozone. They are a PITA to deal with. But their cheapie re-manufactured alternator has held up 10 times as long as the OEM's.
If OEM was as good as what I'm reading here, there wouldn't be any vehicle breakdown's or re-call's.

Andy

I can see you guys know it all when it comes to oem parts! I'm not nears as smart or as informed as you guys, I just deal with them every day all day. When you turn wrenches for a living you learn a few things about quality.

Rock on! My 01' Excursion 7.3 still rolls on without anything but the usual at 188K. Brakes, alternator,... well that's it besides the CPS which I replaced with the blue International unit. I know it's young for a diesel but, it keeps rolling on. Not quite stock and not yet beat, even by a 1/2 ton Chrysler Hemi.

I can see you guys know it all when it comes to oem parts! I'm not nears as smart or as informed as you guys, I just deal with them every day all day. When you turn wrenches for a living you learn a few things about quality.

Hahaha. Nope I don't know it all when it comes to anything. We can all always learn a thing or two.
I'm not saying that OEM is all bad, there are some things I won't replace with anything but OEM. But some OEM parts are pure crap.
I don't turn wrenches for a living, well, maybe I do. I guess it depends on your outlook.
I have a 98.5 Dodge Cummins 3500 4x4, a 97 Ford 250 Powerstroke 4x4, and 86 Chevy 2500 gas 4x4, a 94 Vermeer BC 1250 chipper, a 78 JD 440 b log skidder, a 2001 Gyro trac GT10, an 03 Chomper firewood processor, a 16' conveyor, 3 gooseneck trailers, 3 bumper pull trailers, and 15 assorted chainsaws.
I do all of the maintenance and repairs on this equipment. When I'm turning wrenches on it, it's not making me money. So I've learned a thing or two about quality myself. When I spend my money & time on parts they had better hold up. I've had almost as many OEM parts go south as I have after market, and when my business is down for a day or 2 over some $200 part that some dip #### didn't have the gumption to assemble right because it was Monday or Friday, I get pissed.

Andy

Ill have to add the 6.0L international diesel to that list. Have a 04,05,and 07 and all three of them live at the repair shop. There ok until the warranty runs out and you gotta shell out 4000.00+ dollars ever 9 months to a year per truck. Big POS's

Ya the 6.0 wasn't the greatest.

Rock on! My 01' Excursion 7.3 still rolls on without anything but the usual at 188K. Brakes, alternator,... well that's it besides the CPS which I replaced with the blue International unit. I know it's young for a diesel but, it keeps rolling on. Not quite stock and not yet beat, even by a 1/2 ton Chrysler Hemi.

YUP, the 7.3L is a wicked motor. I have one. Its a 97 F350 Powerstroke. Its awesome. 01 was the last year of the 7.3L

YUP, the 7.3L is a wicked motor. I have one. Its a 97 F350 Powerstroke. Its awesome. 01 was the last year of the 7.3L

I guess I just got a lemmon. My 97 Ford 250 is bullet proof, but I have to work on that stinkin' Powerstroke more than anything else I have. I'm thinking about droppin' a Cummins in it.

Andy

Thanks Parris, for some odd reason, I thought you might agree! It is a bad boy, not just because I own one.

Back