Groundmen say the darnedest things.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anything about your jobs but heard of a groundie complaining "stop dropping branches on me". Seems to me to be a groundie problem, right?

Some of you heard this before, but a year or so ago, I had a guy that would always be about 1 minute late every day. After a few times, I wrote him up and told him the next one will come with a day off with no pay, the next one after that is a week while we decide to keep him or not.
Anyway, he argued that it was only 1 minute. Okay, So instead of 6:30, it is now 6:31,,,do you see where this is going?
Then one morning he did not show up and did not call.
He was being so good by showing up every morning 5 minutes early, until one day,,,,
I decided to to call him and I let it ring the 9 or so rings before the voice mail takes it. I did not leave a message.
So about 1 minute later he called me and said he would be late.
I said okay, but I am going to write you up.
He said, "why?"
I said because you did not call in,,
he said, "I couldn't, I was a sleep"
Jeff :dizzy:

How are you gonna get that down?

You have the easy job all you do is stand in the tree all day.

There is a breeze in the tree and its hot as a ****** ****** down here.

<best one yet >
Im going with the boss to dump a load of chips - we tell john to rake up around the tree were done with wile were gone - before we leave "hey john make sure no one steals anything wile were gone" - we come back the yard is not raked and john is sitting in the bucket truck - "but you told me to watch the stuff" - his mom came and picked him up a hour later.

Where's the rake? - "well, I was pushing stuff into the chipper and it sort of went through"

Where are the cones? - "I put them in the feed tray while we drove and forgot to take them out before pressing the feed button"

Hang on, where's the ****ing blower? - "Er, it was with the cones"

yeah, this happened, he got sacked

I love my guys. To be fair, here's a change of pace.

Climbers say the darnedest things.
"It takes me an hour to pack my rope because it has to be just right."
"I'm a climber, I don't rake"
"When I said let it run, I didn't actually mean all the way!!!!"

"It takes me an hour to pack my rope because it has to be just right."

I`ve worked with some great climbers, but on the whole I`ve found climbers to be sloppy rope coilers.

A rope should be coiled short, tight, easy to carry, oblivious to coming apart if thrown around, and feed tangle free.

Takes a groundman to do it properly. :cool:

I`ve worked with some great climbers, but on the whole I`ve found climbers to be sloppy rope coilers.

A rope should be coiled short, tight, easy to carry, oblivious to coming apart if thrown around, and feed tangle free.

Takes a groundman to do it properly. :cool:

Yes, perfect example of what groundman say

Back