Groundmen say the darnedest things.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am tired of always training a companies new ground crew I just signed up to climb and then get paid.
having said that I am told my princess name is honey boots when my ego gets too much for the crew and they feel the need to bring things back into perspective,
doesn't happen too often but it is a impersonal way to make a point when needed.
no offence is taken by either parties.

We all need hula hoops!

2z84xow.jpg

We drug test all new employees, and yes we get a better quality employee.

Where I work, one of the the climbers/bucket operators jobs is to train the groundies.

You can treat groundies a lot differently if you are the owner/operator or if you yourself are just an employee of a larger operation. All the screaming, ordering and general groundie abuse most owner/operators dish out isn't tolerated in larger operations.

Contract climber is shorthand for prima Donna who can't hold a job because the boss gets sick of listening to the constant whining. And the other guy finds his help at county lock up or under overpasses in the greater Cincinnati metropolitan area. Their opinions on finding good employees are to be held in as high regard as syphilis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Another name for "Crane Operator" now that Communication Systems are pervasive is "Groundman"...and neither of you, Groundman 1 nor Chief16 belong on a forum of "experienced climbers only" do they?

And the first time you take a pic that inmate 554072 can't handle on those Mc mansions you're so fond of, you'll be wishing I was there while you drive to bankruptcy court

Another name for "Crane Operator" now that Communication Systems are pervasive is "Groundman"...and neither of you, Groundman 1 nor Chief16 belong on a forum of "experienced climbers only" do they?

There's a little red panic button below the post. Click it if you feel the need to be protected from questions and criticism concerning professional tree service operations.

Reading comprehension is not a requirement for being a climber apparently. Commercial TREE CARE and climbing is the name of the forum. we are in the right place.

Oh, I'm also trained in ehap, first aid, cpr and aerial rescue. When you get a booboo from mean old twigs I'll get you down and patch you up Vet.

Oh, I'm also trained in ehap, first aid, cpr and aerial rescue. When you get a booboo from mean old twigs I'll get you down and patch you up Vet.

Good man!

And after you get him down and patch him up, I'll make sure he gets home safely and all his gear is stored away (properly for a change).

I've been a mother to spoiled climbers for a long time. I'll make sure he gets his bottle and has a nap.

A skilled, hard working climber is a great person to work with. A whiny ***** who happens to be a skilled climber is not.

Reading comprehension is not a requirement for being a climber apparently. Commercial TREE CARE and climbing is the name of the forum. we are in the right place.

What's it say under "BEARCAT"? http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/commercial-tree-care-and-climbing.2/

You two ground doggies need to go to the 101 section and maybe there you can find out what to do next from climbers, who by the way, are the bosses of your entire life....and rightly so. Here's a start...go make me a cuppa coffee and wash my jockstrap lol.

Gravity setting in there Vet? things not hanging where they used to?

With advances in modern medicine, you'll be good to go forever.

Back