Groundmen say the darnedest things.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually had a groundie ask me "what does stuck on stupid mean?" LOL. but that was an older groundman who said it to the young buck. Funny sometimes how you can see a type of wolf pack mentality at times. Kinda. Human nature I suppose

We're climbers, we (the good ones) can make do with almost anything. Nothing to do with any house, obstacle, etc.

Maybe that`s true. But if you are a good climber, why do you submit to work with a half-ass and unprofessional crew? And why don`t you train your half-ass and unprofessional crew?

If the climber is the boss on the job - and everyone acknowledges that is the case - that means the climber is responsible for his half-ass unprofessional crew. If his crew is too stupid to be trusted with basic tree service equipment - it`s the climber`s fault. If the team does not respect and trust each other and work together in a professional manner - it`s the climber`s fault. If the guys are lazy and inneficient and unsafe with the equipment - it`s the climber`s fault.

I mean, the climber is the boss on the job... right?

Maybe that`s true. But if you are a good climber, why do you submit to work with a half-ass and unprofessional crew? And why don`t you train your half-ass and unprofessional crew?

If the climber is the boss on the job - and everyone acknowledges that is the case - that means the climber is responsible for his half-ass unprofessional crew. If his crew is too stupid to be trusted with basic tree service equipment - it`s the climber`s fault. If the team does not respect and trust each other and work together in a professional manner - it`s the climber`s fault. if the guys are lazy and inneficient and unsafe with the equipment - it`s the climber`s fault.

The climber is not always the boss . Really good point why they don't train the crew though! Although there are some dummy's that really cant be trained no matter how many times you show them.

If the climber is the boss on the job - and everyone acknowledges that is the case - that means the climber is responsible for his half-ass unprofessional crew. If his crew is too stupid to be trusted with basic tree service equipment - it`s the climber`s fault. If the team does not respect and trust each other and work together in a professional manner - it`s the climber`s fault. If the guys are lazy and inneficient and unsafe with the equipment - it`s the climber`s fault.

Listen, dude, I have no problem with you personally, but at the same time I feel quite pleased that I have never had the pleasure (lol) of working with you. I keep envisioning Canada's version of the left over hippy. Just saying.:laugh:

Listen, dude, I have no problem with you personally, but at the same time I feel quite pleased that I have never had the pleasure (lol) of working with you. I keep envisioning Canada's version of the left over hippy. Just saying.:laugh:

I have no problem with you either. I`m sure you're a great guy and a great climber. :)

But you did not speak to the points I raised. And they were valid points a professional should be ready and willing to address.

The climber is not always the boss . Really good point why they don't train the crew though! Although there are some dummy's that really cant be trained no matter how many times you show them.

You weed those guys out.

And if the climber needs a crew but doesn`t want to train them or run them on the ground, you hire a professional groundman. Me. :D

I`ll tell you one thing, ol`Wolf, any climber gets a guy I trained will appreciate it. Work hard and safe, know the job and the dangers, and Rule No.1: always watch out for the climber and his gear. His life and your paycheck depend on it.

You weed those guys out.

And if the climber needs a crew but doesn`t want to train them or run them on the ground, you hire a professional groundman. Me. :D

I`ll tell you one thing, ol`Wolf, any climber gets a guy I trained will appreciate it. Work hard and safe, know the job and the dangers, and Rule No.1: always watch out for the climber and his gear. His life and your paycheck depend on it.
Rule number one is watch out for every man on the crew !

I have no problem with you either. I`m sure you're a great guy and a great climber. :)

But you did not speak to the points I raised. And they were valid points a professional should be ready and willing to address.

Lol. Yes, maybe, but this climber partakes, and we're far too deep into beer thirty for all that at this point.

I will be dealing with the latest genius soon enough tomorrow morning. Thanks for reminding me.

he's all primped with a short skirt and prancing all over the puter room the center of attention in his little ground doggy world. You are assuming we all see right in front of our face that YOU are the evolved groundman and why not make our groundies just like you. I have seen nothing to indicate you are worth a schit, quite the opposite...you appear arrogant and have no problem presenting yourself in a place you do not belong. You are a wise ascs and are condescending from a perspective that is invalid to say the least. Prima donna groundies are a dime a dozen. Keep your flapper shut, bust ascs, do what you are told...and yeah go get my smokes when I DEMAND you to do it. We'll see if you are allowed to pick up another pay check.

he's all primped with a short skirt and prancing all over the puter room the center of attention in his little ground doggy world. You are assuming we all see right in front of our face that YOU are the evolved groundman and why not make our groundies just like you. I have seen nothing to indicate you are worth a schit, quite the opposite...you appear arrogant and have no problem presenting yourself in a place you do not belong. You are a wise ascs and are condescending from a perspective that is invalid to say the least. Prima donna groundies are a dime a dozen. Keep your flapper shut, bust ascs, do what you are told...and yeah go get my smokes when I DEMAND you to do it. We'll see if you are allowed to pick up another pay check.

This is why I adore you climbers.

Even if a guy tries his best to give you good service, if he dares takes the limelight off you for even a microsecond you completely lose it. :)

Where tf if all this "limelight"? You got some film crew in your mind on every job and nobody put you in the script. Me as the climber is also gonna bust ascs, keep my flapper shut, do a flawless job, be respectful to the client...only dif is I am in charge of every little aspect of the job...always.

Latest posts

Back