Guess which saw is being discontinued again?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, the 441 never has been on a throne (unless in your imagination) - and never will.....:greenchainsaw:

Uhhhhhhhhhh cuse me, the 441 remains mostly unchanged since day one cept for a fuel hose. That utter brand is on its 3rd complete attempt to get it right. So therefore upon the stratocharged saw throne sits the one thats been there all along. Don't you worry Troll maybe they got it right this time,LOLOL

LOL, well hopefully they got the 576 right. They're on their 3rd attempt now to dethrone the 441 with one of their strato charged babies. Hell if I had been them I would had Stihl build it for me and got it right the first time,LOLOL

(sorry Troll, I couldn't resist,hehe)

I bet redmax built that 576, I hope they did anyway...........

The future is now, and for the time being it is the strato- charged saw. The 441 is the bechmark. Husky has yet to build a saw that measures up.

They've had a while now to see what the market didn't like about the 575... and the 441. I figure they'll have decent saw this time.

You could spell out, "The 372XP is going away for good, get one before it's too late!", in a huge banner on top of every page here. How many threads do you think we will have with guys trying to find one after they are no longer available. Look at all of the Stihl fans wanting a MS-440. That was no secret either. If you want one then buy one (or 2 or 3). Leave it in the box and put it away for down the road. There will be some dealers who will stock up for the 372's Last Hurrah. I don't see them putting the 372's on sale. If anything the price will go up. The strato charged saws do not (or have not so far) responded well to modding. If you are not in to that, well that's ok. (Right Ultra? :cheers:) If you are into the performance aspect of chain saws (like most of us here) then you better plan for the future. Things are going to change in 2010 and we all know it. We just don't know how those changes will work out. :popcorn:

SawTroll said:
I have contact with one "test pilot" that have run them for quite some time - in the name of NE575xp....

I think I have a brand new 576 cylinder, it's a prototype a friend sent from Sweden, who got it from a Husqvarna employee...

It's a very interesting jug.

Well crap, looks like us guy's living verry much above sea level will have to start running these slow b:censored:erd's.
Of course from an EPA point of view, it makes perfect sence. There is a saw that pollutes 1/2 as much, but it takes 3 times as long to get the job done. Take away the faster cutting "dirty saw", and you only get 1/3 more pollution.
Yep, makes sence to me.:dizzy:
I guess I'd better get used to it though.

Andy

Well crap, looks like us guy's living verry much above sea level will have to start running these slow b:censored:erd's.
Of course from an EPA point of view, it makes perfect sence. There is a saw that pollutes 1/2 as much, but it takes 3 times as long to get the job done. Take away the faster cutting "dirty saw", and you only get 1/3 more pollution.
Yep, makes sence to me.:dizzy:
I guess I'd better get used to it though.

Andy

Well look at what happened in the 80's with catalytic converters being put on cars. Back then it was a huge deal and people were cutting them off left and right. Now no one really seems to care, we still get a lot of HP and torque and MPG's out of our engines even if they are EPA regulated.

Well look at what happened in the 80's with catalytic converters being put on cars. Back then it was a huge deal and people were cutting them off left and right. Now no one really seems to care, we still get a lot of HP and torque and MPG's out of our engines even if they are EPA regulated.

Yep, back in the 70's we used to drive a brass rod into the filler on a new truck so we could fill it with "regular" (leaded) gas. Those cat's. started a lot of grass fires back then.:laugh:
We get a lot of HP, torque, and MPG's out of our vehicle engines through computer control. I guess that will be the next step in saw's, a battery back pack, an alternator to keep it charged, and a computer to make it run decent.

There just isn't enough air at 8700' elevation to make a "stratocharged" engine run right. I haven't found anyone (including the folk's on AS) who can tell me how to tune one of these saw's to run at this altitude. Even my Stihl dealer calls the 441 a dog. And I wouldn't have a 575 if you gave it to me. Well maybe I shouldn't say that since that's all that will be available.

Andy

EHP did my 2003 372XP for me last year along with my 359. I bought a 372XPW from Bailey's on the last day they were allowed to ship Huskies. It was their very last Husky internet sale. I have not yet opened the box. I do peek in at it from time to time through a small flap door in the top of the box.:D

Back