GypoLogger's Yukon Cabin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that should be spelled Bare Berry Lane........Hahahahahahha!

2010%2520Trip%2520to%2520Alaska%2520541.jpg

Yeah, naked Lambert pics always round out a good Gypo thread!!!!!!!

Some of those logs are seriously big for one guy. I see a crane-like structure in the background, I hope it runs on petroleum products and not elbow grease. If the former, good, if the latter, yesh!

Its all elbow grease with a 2 ton hoist. Wish I could find my card reader so I could post better quality pics.

Awesome stuff John,

what do you put between the logs for sealing/insulation? I figure you cut a v notch in the top of the log for the bottom of the next log to locate into or such???

Talked to Gypo last night. He sent me a picture of the cabin he's building in the Yukon. It's coming along pretty good. 1300 square feet. He said he misses all you woodticks & culls but doesn't have internet.

d7dfbfe0-e975-493c-8872-4b0c1f3e859f_zps3cbf4cfd.jpg
I am hoping theres a good whiskey supply in the cabin:msp_tongue:

It's good to see John still has trees pissin' their roots! Hope you get a piano for that cabin once it's done.

It's good to see John still has trees pissin' their roots! Hope you get a piano for that cabin once it's done.

My mistake, it was a DIFFERENT John that wanted to cut the piano 10 years ago. I'm sure John will find something else to cut in half!

I am hoping theres a good whiskey supply in the cabin:msp_tongue:

Lol. No whiskey or moonshine but lotsa homemade vino. Apple, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and carrot so I dont go blind. Lol. My father told me along time ago if I dont stop drinkin that Id go blind. I just said, dad, Im over here!
John.

Lol. No whiskey or moonshine but lotsa homemade vino. Apple, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and carrot so I dont go blind. Lol. My father told me along time ago if I dont stop drinkin that Id go blind. I just said, dad, Im over here!
John.

My ole deceased grand pappy used to say "son, the only time I drink is when I hurt, and I hurts damn near every day". Old man drank enough Early Times to float a battleship and lived to be 84.........

Back