Hands-On Experience 592XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one they are available, but supplies are limited.

I've run two tanks through my saw, gobs of power, great power to weight.

52d20572c487efe0b0cb34be3a63b808.jpg
fb43e25769fa06f2c81be23ea7b5c562.jpg
6c707f0188eb2272dac9b9abb41d0366.jpg
e7868aa0a9d3e72c7fc3a54ed34aa688.jpg
8eadb7c9625545d0355c77451398a850.jpg

My dealer in PA had a demo from the sales guy so not for sale, but they had a list you could be added to. Said it was going to be around $1500 so i wasn't excited about that, but i did some cuts thru some hardwood with the Husky light bar and it was damn strong without fully broken in yet, and looks great too, time to start saving up or sell something. Re-starts were easy too

I'm on the fence. Do you guys remember the old country song; "he's an old hippy". I feel like the line where he sings "should he hold on to the old, should he grab on to the new."
395xp vs 592xp - Go with what you know is tried and true or take a risk to try something new? The thing is, if I get it wrong, there wont be any new 395's to find for very long will there?
I do have a couple new saws with auto tune. I'm 50/50. My 540T arborist saw - no problem. I don't like the brick style, like most guys seem to like, I like the 335/334/338xpt ergonomics. I like the updated power but I miss the older style. The saw runs great though, not a single issue.

I replaced my 346xp with a 550xp and this on makes me wish I had my 346xp back. It runs fine, first start up and if you start it right back up again within a few mins she'll go until she needs a gas up and then continue to run. It's problem is if you shut it down to feed the chipper for 10 to 15 mins, you can't just start it. It needs to be choked again. Sometimes but not often she floods at this point, then it's WOT drop pull but that's kinda rare ( kinda as in once or twice a day though lol). She will not re-start without the choke after sitting 10-15 mins but that's not the worst part. Once it does re-start do not touch that throttle! She will stall. Stand there with your thumb up your..... for at least 15 seconds and then it's all back to cutting fine again. This is how this saw acts all day long.

I'm leaning towards the 395 guys. Can someone please explain what "auto tune 3.0" is? Please tell me it's far superior to whatever the 550xp has. Lie to me if you have too. :D I'm not fond of outboard clutches and chain adjusters behind the bar anymore. We're getting spoiled with modern upgrades but auto tune. I dunno. I just don't know.

"He ain't trying to change nobody He's just trying real hard to adjust".

Side note; When it was time for another 70cc, I didn't go with the new 572, I grabbed another tried and true 372xp and I didn't even bother debating last time. At least, I'm trying. ;)
I aint gunna tell no fibs though; I'd still re-buy another 346xp if I could too lol and this 550 would be for sale down by the bay.

Both are awesome I just like weight savings!
Weight isn't a factor at all for this one. They could weigh 5 lbs difference and I still wouldn't care. This one wont be seeing daily use. Just when the wood gets a bit too much for the 372, which means pretty big stuff. In Maine, this means not "too often" like someone out on the west coast of course. 36" bar either body.
Over the years, I've kept telling myself, I could use a good 90cc saw when I get into them big ones, but I always just threw a 24" on the 372 and just let her eat away from both sides, but I've got a long way until retirement still. I can't keep doing that. Well I could, it does work but still, it's always better to have the right tool for the job, rather than make due, even if it's not everyday or even every week. I mean, it can be every month easy enough, so. I'm long overdue for a 90cc.

I'm leaning towards going with the new one. My fear is, get it wrong, end up with a problematic saw, and can't find a new 395xp for sale anymore. They're already out of production, I think, I read?

Back