Happy Hour!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain right now, Pruning Black Locust and like 15 ornamental's and a lilac monster today, then off to big removal over pool, 2 days there, lots of butt hitching and small rigging, taking out a 100 year old, healthy tree to save the $1200.00 above ground pool, the shame of it all. They have huge flat yard, plenty of other places for pool, but...........nope, kill the tree that shades the house!
Spell check is saying I spelled ornamental wrong!
Stupid spell check

Last edited:
OK it's on!

Jeffy's happy hour at

4am his time ...Western Pacific time

7 am our time .... in Eastern time

6 am sgreenbean's.... Central time?

Whose out there in (Mountain?) time?

Here in the Am

Whatdja do at 4pm/6pm/7pm in the pm (if ya can make it)

Be there or be square :popcorn:

see ya at Jeffy's tomorrow I hope :cheers:A

P.S.

********....5,329 members

ASite.........56,949 members.....nuff said?

I get it! Jeffs "what we intend to do"
Yurs "what we really did"
Perfect!

Rain right now, Pruning Black Locust and like 15 ornamental's and a lilac monster today, then off to big removal over pool, 2 days there, lots of butt hitching and small rigging, taking out a 100 year old, healthy tree to save the $1200.00 above ground pool, the shame of it all. They have huge flat yard, plenty of other places for pool, but...........nope, kill the tree that shades the house!
Spell check is saying I spelled ornamental wrong!
Stupid spell check

Pictures....what kinda 100 yr old tree?

what's a lilac monster? They get about 15 to 20 feet tall round here.

Overslept this morning and missed happy hour :cry:

We planting a 30 foot 55" root ball Autumn blaze maple (orders for 3 more too) that weighs about 2000 lbs today. Good money. Using the old crane.

New one arrives mid day today :rockn:

I'm old so decaf here JL. We gonna plant another 5" dia 30 plus foot Autumn blaze maple today with the old crane. Just got the new one titled yesterday. What a hassle with out of state deal. We getting rain at noon and I mean COLD rain...bout 25 F here right now.

Whatcha doin today Jeffy.?

It is a maple, don't know how old it really is, judging by size, could lay it over and count 25 rings that are 2"thick!

Lilac monster is one of those deals that have been cut on (no pruning here!) by the home owner for several years, looks like a big birds nest, leads cut wrong, water sprouts growing thru, twisting around, 50 gazzillion water sprouts coming from root ball etc, you know the type. HO wants me to do something with it, I told him my chipper was hungry, we should fees it, and replace with something else. Nope "that lilac came from my dads cabin in Minnesota, I want to save it" So shall it be done!

It is a maple, don't know how old it really is, judging by size, could lay it over and count 25 rings that are 2"thick!

Lilac monster is one of those deals that have been cut on (no pruning here!) by the home owner for several years, looks like a big birds nest, leads cut wrong, water sprouts growing thru, twisting around, 50 gazzillion water sprouts coming from root ball etc, you know the type. HO wants me to do something with it, I told him my chipper was hungry, we should fees it, and replace with something else. Nope "that lilac came from my dads cabin in Minnesota, I want to save it" So shall it be done!

you can make someone real happy and they will say good things about you to others with a job like that. Just takes patience and maybe a bandaid or two.

Finishing up Maple removal fur other person today, bids and a small climb for me, little Norway Maple in a back yard.
Sharpen chains and work on project log truck. Maybe get another coat of paint on it.

you can make someone real happy and they will say good things about you to others with a job like that. Just takes patience and maybe a bandaid or two.

We spent awhile on it, took as long as the Locust! All hand saw and BY-Pass pruners! Looks good (compared to what it did) Home owner very grateful, but I dont think it will last much longer.Thing still has many issues

Planting sounds like it keeps you busy. Gonna let the guys off early today with a $100 gift card to the major grocery stores and then a four day weekend. Been in the low sixties here.

Jeff ;)

It reached 24 yesterday, sunny. today the same
Bought the guys Carhardt style Bib overalls (Walls brand) last night for X-mas, and a set of winter Wells Lamont Deer skin gloves, nice and warm!

You guys are real nice to the help, me too, real important. But sometimes (not with my current help) the more you give...the more they want and they appreciate nothing.

attachment.php

Back