Happy Hour!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you use to dig the holes for planting, TV?
Jeff ;)

my bigger stump grinder does most of the hard stuff.

I am ready for winter entertainment. Anybody got anything good I don't have?
attachment.php

Those root balls are huge! Nice trees! No one EVER wants to go that big here, don't know why, wish they would!
What kinda weight you talking there (I see the outrigger!)

Those root balls are huge! Nice trees! No one EVER wants to go that big here, don't know why, wish they would!
What kinda weight you talking there (I see the outrigger!)

They're wet so prob just around 2k plus. Sales rep at a huge nursery that is an old friend of mine called me and said they had a field of these maples that will be chipped if not sold now and gave a great price.

I looked at them as a one day job for one to pick up transport and plant for a decent tree work days money. Working so far and I got 5 more on order and soliciting more. Still got plenty of tree work.

Gotta get outta the door. Have a good day guys.

Freezing rain warning here in western Ia & northeast Neb! Might get a little work out of this.

weather is messing with us today, super windy, keeps raining in short burst, some freezing, some not, then clear's and calms down! then back to the wind and rain!
crazy!

you never know who reads these threads Danno......;) shhhhh

But , yeah, I have seen some tree size plants you could climb. Short term memory loss prevents me from remembering where tho. :laugh:

you never know who reads these threads Danno......;) shhhhh

Situational Awareness!

2 small jobs today, small climb in a Sugar Maple, then a bunch of saplings growing into a eve of a house,and a Elm removal, why do people let that stuff go until it is damaging their home? Boggles the mind?

Situational Awareness!

2 small jobs today, small climb in a Sugar Maple, then a bunch of saplings growing into a eve of a house,and a Elm removal, why do people let that stuff go until it is damaging their home? Boggles the mind?

that also falls into "situation awareness" sgb. I think most people don't know the dif between a dogwood and a redwood. that is why they often plant stuff like bdfd. pears to remember someone that passed away. That tree is good for about 20 years.

Where's our host, Jeffy?

We finishing a nice 2 day storm damage job today. Mostly crane loading, we moved all the logs except the big ones (we set the crane near them) with the Dingo to the crane and between the log truck and crane.

Always loved playing with trucks as a kid...when I wasn't shooting at them with a bb gun.:drool:

well, I WAS going to remove a Hedge today,woke up to maybe 6" of snow! Roads are still bad, so the trucks wont be leaving anytime soon, oh well, maybe tamarera!

well, I WAS going to remove a Hedge today,woke up to maybe 6" of snow! Roads are still bad, so the trucks wont be leaving anytime soon, oh well, maybe tamarera!

Six inches of snow and the trucks are parked , man you must be rich ...I would be out there moving some snow ...

No, I wish! No accounts yet and the city was behind the ball on this, roads are bad still! Big trucks are not 4x4, when it hit yesterday, I was out, when heading in, I had my hands full to say the least! Lots of hills around me. LOTS OF WRECKS! So I'm going to let them get that fixed before I go back out, we are set up for tomorrow, if this lets up. It started cranking up again a while ago. Wish I went after some accounts tho, but wanted to check the dump truck first before I made an agreement with anyone. Was out messing with it today, all seems good, as I thought, but wanted to be sure. Don't like those bat wings. On a big open lot, I would use them, other than that, they are coming off!
U guys push alot of snow 101?

Last edited:
Six inches of snow and the trucks are parked , man you must be rich ...I would be out there moving some snow ...

Come on treeclimber, be honest. A new jersey outfit, six inches of snow? You'd get up at 3am, be done plowing by ten cause by then everybody with a truck is plowing. Then you'd figure why waste such a beautiful day and you'd finish the hedge that afternoon.:D I've worked with some jersey boys and six inches never slowed down tree production at all. Lol, we were doing some storm work in forty inches last week. http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article274182.ece

Greanbeans, i've never been a fan of the wings for driveways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back