Has this ever happened to you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, ain't I somptin!?
Anyway, can you post a pic of the spikes?

I will try to find a better one sometime.

24993_355710279843_355234984843_3504523_470794_n.jpg

The problem I get with my spikes is that the bar twists around in the leather, and screws up the integrity of the leather and my legs. What do you suppose makes them stop? I was thinking the aluminum pads might, but I assume that those wolf claws have the support in the back for that purpose. Is that right?

Well as long as you don't go too nuts go ahead, I ain't gonna try stop ya.

And about those spikes... What do you think of them? I think I have seen them for around 425 or so, it might have been in the Northern cataloge. Looks as though have a brace in the back and another on the side?

And Duticourse; Did you actually call me a biotch? My God ,very droll I gotta say.

treejob_057.jpg

LOL! Well, that's one way to keep the groundies from getting their grubby little hands on your saws...

Are you happy with the way you handled yourself ??? If not than change your mistakes and move on , I get what your saying about the cleanup it sucks sometimes and often that is the only thing they care about , I cleared a yard for a pool 2 weeks ago removed 27 trees , did extra stumps that we found under leaves and some additional pruning since the truck was already setup , I used mats for the trucks and cat and at the end of it all when we removed the mats the grass was yellow and smashed the HO wanted a bag of seed to fix the area . The pool company was scheduled to start tree days later and bring in a track hoe to dig the hole and 3 tri axles , so that dead grass would be soupy mud in less than a week ... I laughed right in the guys face and said "NO" and in about 10 seconds he started to chuckle too and said "I GUESS IT WOULD KINDA A WASTE" some people just are clouded with reality

not tree related but try this one

7 years ago i bid a tile job 3500 bucks to install a 2 person corner whirlpool with 2 new 20 amp circuits as well a serious plumbing change in a concrete floor change out a double vanity a shower door and tile the big bathroom.(16x20) bid 3500 buck for the labor they provide the materials. they thought i was too high so my helper asked if he could take 2 weeks to do the job on his own for less would i mind. i said no prob and thanked him for being honest with me(heck he referred these folks to me in the first place)

he knew the tub a was way over his head so he had me do that for him for a grand. i did it and it was awesome at the time it was one of my finest to date. built the enclosure cut out the existing tile walls and integrated the new stuff so it looked like it was always there even worked out 2 hatches that were velcroed so nothin showed. lady loved it took picture posted em on the net fixed me a great spaghetti dinner and i left.
never had a contract with em never took any money from them my deal was with my "buddy" neal.
fast forward 2 months its my birthday i'm in the docs office getting 8 stitches at 10 am (great start to day) phone rings its the sheriffs office tell me theres a warrant would i like to come take care of it? i said sure as soon as they get done stitching i'll be right over. on the way i try to figure what it could be got overdraft protection been sober 12 years so i don't have any lost weekends that i'm afraid of. all i could think was someone must stole my id and done something. i go to the desk lady says sit down someone will be out to see me. i see deputy with a green warrant i say oh shucks hand over wallet and id to my new helper since green paper in va means felony. deputy says theres a warrant charging me with construction fraud and we go across the street to process me.
i still think someone musta used my name and its all gonna get cleared up right away. as i'm sitting in the room getting printed i read the warrant upside down. it states that the lady who i did the tub for is charging neal for failing to some things and for starting a leak that caused some damage my name isn't on the criminal complaint anywhere. i ask the deputy and she says huh? thats not an alias? i say no and explain it to her she calls her boss they both agree somethings wrong but say that the magistrate will have to clear it up their job is to serve the warrant. see magistrate he agrees that something is wrong but the magistrate that issued the warrant has to straighten it out. and by the way since i had a felony in 1978 when i was a kid i can't get personal recognizance i have to post bond. off we go to jail to wait for wife to post bond 1000. so at 6 pm i finally get released and still have to get a lawyer to make sure the charges are properly disposed of.

it all worked out though i called chief magistrate next day and left a civil phone message that described what happened and asked how it could be. he called first thing next morning and said there was a mistake at their end and he would take care of it. he was good to his word but it was funny the only time i was ever innocent when i was locked up i didn't know what to do when i wasn't guilty

altogether quite the circus and even funnier since i actually never got paid a dime by anyone for that job neal my "bud" skipped town owing me

to make it worse?

:jawdrop:
the ding bat who filed charges old man's a real decent guy once i dropped 350 bucks in cash on the floor of his store i came back 4 hours later looking at the floor as i retraced my steps when carl hollered from the counter hey buddy i bet this is yours and gave me my money. were it not for that i woulda coulda sued for false arrest but no way to sue her without crapping on her old man too and i couldn't see doing that. carl is no saint but in a couple of real important areas shows real class and in this case what goes around came around he and i are still friends his wife and me? not so much. in her defense shes a real live dingbat got 100% disability from a gov job for mental illness issues so it was a lil easier to not take it personal. she did say she was sorry and her lame excuse was "someone in the magistrates office told me if you don't know one guys address serve the warrant on the other guy" she claim it was some cop that told her that. i think the fact the the magistrate that issued the warrant went to highschool with the dingbat had something to do with it. there is very lil training to be a magistrate here

I hate to say what the moral of this story is. :censored:

I'll tell you what though. By living around here I'm never surprised by people any more. Never. So many crazy things happen around here than it startles me when people are not up to crazy things or just absolutely nothing at all to stay out of it all.

If your incident would have happened to me, I would have just said to myself, "Yup, that figures. :censored: I suppose I'll have to set up a 'how to be a responsible person class' when I get out." I would have gone over there like an anvil and a hammer, and done some kind of straightening out that had never been seen by her likes before nor his. It would have all been legal, but the proper influence would have bleed through the vale of ignorance.

Part of life IS keeping people on the path of responsible use of their rights. I'm sure she felt great and dandy about how she could just do some talking, and send you to jail. :greenchainsaw:

Some days are like amusement park rides, and some people can't help but send you on one.

I hate to say what the moral of this story is. :censored:

I'll tell you what though. By living around here I'm never surprised by people any more. Never. So many crazy things happen around here than it startles me when people are not up to crazy things or just absolutely nothing at all to stay out of it all.

If your incident would have happened to me, I would have just said to myself, "Yup, that figures. :censored: I suppose I'll have to set up a 'how to be a responsible person class' when I get out." I would have gone over there like an anvil and a hammer, and done some kind of straightening out that had never been seen by her likes before nor his. It would have all been legal, but the proper influence would have bleed through the vale of ignorance.

Part of life IS keeping people on the path of responsible use of their rights. I'm sure she felt great and dandy about how she could just do some talking, and send you to jail. :greenchainsaw:

Some days are like amusement park rides, and some people can't help but send you on one.

Now I know why you think everyone who disagrees with you or mocks you is a drunk! One of your responses to me and Absolute, I dont drink , d u m b a s s !Sounds like you do tho. Why is it you think everyone is (TUI) your words. BTW, Are you ever gonna be an Arborist?
Jeff :mad:

theres irony here

bleed through the vale of ignorance.

in cindys case? shes a dingbat when shes screws up its nothin personal and i didn't take it personal for long, about 12 hours. i think when some folks make all the loud noise about "what they would do!" they are announcing to the world at large how small they feel deep down inside where they really live. heck when you get to the point where you don't smell like similac on a global scale of things that come down the pipe in life it was no big deal.nobody killed kinda funny . the cop got a kick outa me asking "whata you do when you are innocent?! i'e never been innocent before..."

try the velcro wraps from Buckingham

The problem I get with my spikes is that the bar twists around in the leather, and screws up the integrity of the leather and my legs. What do you suppose makes them stop? I was thinking the aluminum pads might, but I assume that those wolf claws have the support in the back for that purpose. Is that right?

The ones with the steel inserts. The aluminum Caddy pads will work too.You could also try the Geckos.

Back