hd makita 6421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I told them you wanted it to look crappy so you buddy wouldn't expect it to be fast lol.
Is this bar that bad. If the nose spins freely and the rails are flat and not opened up then it should be fine.
The side of the rails should be filed so there is no burr and the top should be filed flat so the bar will stand on a flat level surface without tipping over.
Be sure the oiler hole on the back is clear as well.

biggest trouble is the huge burrs by the tip, looks like someone tried cutting metal by banging it, to the point the burr curved over...the rail has a hill on both sides LOL
i should have paid a lil attention to the video i watched cause dude did take the muffler off easier... ( I was just making sure b4 i spent more if piston looked ok) but what is with the foam by the brake spring?? it did work good to soak up the oil but i thought it was caked dust/oil gunk, i have similiar foam from a air filter i can cut a new one from it?? i mean what it keeps gunk out of that area? i am a lil nervous to bind anything in that area...and how to stop oil all over the place i saw it has some issues and maybe opening the filler cap can relieve some of it but it seems a little excessive in the area by the adjustment screw
ty

Now u just need to get a filter setup like this, then have it sent out to run like this.. yes, yes. [emoji41] hi brett!!
d87a5dce32365fbffd2bdb907c46bf5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Piston look's fine.
Don't know what that foam is or where it goes, my makita/dolmars don't have that style filter anywhere that I'm aware of.
Bar is pretty bad, but if it was all I had I would run it, but I would file off the burrs and true the top of the rails first. Also I would not put a new or a good chain on it unless I had no other options. It won't normally damage the chain, but could.
You should also check the drive gear/sprocket for wear and replace. It's a good idea to replace the bar as well as the chain and sprocket all together.
Much of the damage caused on a setup run by inexperienced operators is caused by an improperly tightened chain, that being either to loose or to tight.

i do not think it will clean up that nice, new york is expensive, i just wanna cut wood maybe in future after i finish killing this pistion... foam is foam
i need semi chisel chain my wood is dirty, most not too bad but the stay sharp longer is needed
chain tooth pic, so hard to get a good pic
http://prntscr.com/gv6ue1
http://prntscr.com/gv6up4
http://prntscr.com/gv6vdv

have no clue about how to check the drive gear/sprocket for wear will upload a pic in a sec

ah ok i see some kind of witness mark that's worn off some of the gears TY,
i may need the cir clip also or can be reused?

thanks for saving me that huge headache... too bad he don't sell the bar and chains as well
edit he sure does

ty
i have dealers close by so i can get the washer and e clip from him, the sprocket is same on a 372xp?
which model stihl uses the same (dealer does not like specs, only likes models or part numbers

Back