hd makita 6421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just get a new rim and also some washers and E clips/retaining clips. Sometimes the clips and washers like to take flight :rolleyes:
http://www.sawagain.com/standard-7-spline-rim-sprocket-3-8-pitch-7-tooth/
http://www.sawagain.com/stihl-sprocket-clutch-drum-washer-and-e-clip-lot-of-6/
I second that.
That one is pretty bad and I wouldn't want to put a new chain on it.
Those clips do like to go flying. I set the clip in the slot on the crank, then place the wrench endnotes a swrench over the clip, then just tap it in. The other way I like is with a set of diagnal cutters or needle nose, place the clip in the slot, then one end of the tool into the hole in the end of the crank, other end over the clip, then squeeze, done.

How are you buddy, hope all is well.
Got me a 540t a bit ago, needs the on off switch replaced, but runs great. Wrap handle is a bit loose to at the point it meets the top handle. I figure they will both be fixed at the same time.

I second that.
That one is pretty bad and I wouldn't want to put a new chain on it.
Those clips do like to go flying. I set the clip in the slot on the crank, then place the wrench endnotes a swrench over the clip, then just tap it in. The other way I like is with a set of diagnal cutters or needle nose, place the clip in the slot, then one end of the tool into the hole in the end of the crank, other end over the clip, then squeeze, done.

How are you buddy, hope all is well.
Got me a 540t a bit ago, needs the on off switch replaced, but runs great. Wrap handle is a bit loose to at the point it meets the top handle. I figure they will both be fixed at the same time.
Hey Bret :hi: all is well over here on my end. The t540 is an angry little bugger. I think you'll have some fun with it ;). That 550 you sold me is still eating wood strong just like I bought it from ya! Best wishes to you and the family.

:wtf: the stihl dealer here is so impatient and tempermental!! so glad i did not buy a saw from him,
always in a rush, model part # i will order it for u, it would cost more than 5 bucks to go there can't thank you enough:bowdown:
btw how do i list my now respectable saws under my name LOL
i think he was why i started coming here in the first place, now look what happened...
now i don't want a stihl bar or chain that guy can keep them

:wtf: the stihl dealer here is so impatient and tempermental!! so glad i did not buy a saw from him,
always in a rush, model part # i will order it for u, it would cost more than 5 bucks to go there can't thank you enough:bowdown:
btw how do i list my now respectable saws under my name LOL
i think he was why i started coming here in the first place, now look what happened...
now i don't want a stihl bar or chain that guy can keep them
haha go to the top of the screen and click on your user name then go to signature to list your saws. What part of New York are you from by the way?

yes but he is farther or further away than the hd i went to LOL
haven't been out that way in a good while
TY

Hey Bret :hi: all is well over here on my end. The t540 is an angry little bugger. I think you'll have some fun with it ;). That 550 you sold me is still eating wood strong just like I bought it from ya! Best wishes to you and the family.
Good to hear.
I've had some fun, and made some money as well :).
There great saws, glad it's working out well for you, I missed it for a while. Hard to argue with the fuel economy if your doing a large amount of cutting, they pay for themselves pretty quick. I'm enjoying the 2016 model I have now :yes:.

i thought i saw a lil oil leak at the seam for the oil tank that i can not reproduce to get a picture...
should i get a vacuum test before i start using this saw???
the guide plate is a bit bent and the oil gas caps r tore up pretty good from overtightening o rings for them?
and this piece of foam is driving me nuts 038-213-200 FOAM SPONGE
why is it in there with the chain brake mechanism, is disintegrated mostly and soaked with oil
http://prntscr.com/gw15cb
looks like i need get it behind the mechanism
wish i could cut some from old air filter what can this possibly do?
it don't wanna go back any other way
thanks for helping

foam sorted out, yes i had to move the brake for better access poleman, TY Slot cut on h needle for flat head screwdriver, set a lil rich ,no load .... motor oil not bar oil was in there so may explain the mess/leaks, waiting for parts to be able to cut TYVM everyone for all the help
now if i could only figure out how to give everyone rep? was it?? :clap::bowdown:

foam sorted out, yes i had to move the brake for better access poleman, TY Slot cut on h needle for flat head screwdriver, set a lil rich ,no load .... motor oil not bar oil was in there so may explain the mess/leaks, waiting for parts to be able to cut TYVM everyone for all the help
now if i could only figure out how to give everyone rep? was it?? :clap::bowdown:
Glad your getting it sorted, didn't think the oil leak was anything to be concerned with.
There is no rep system persay, but you can like a post, or post on someone's page by clicking on their name or avatar.
Keep us informed.

@fordf150 is great for Makita Parts. CALL him at the shop, really good at helping with Parts over the phone.
i started a conversation with him lookin for better price on some parts, i am worried about how hard it is to rotate the chain, condition of clutch drum tho...TY

Latest posts

Back