Heads up, the ticks are back!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup bees, ticks, chiggars and snakes are out here already, I bet with all the rain record year last year bugs will be bad especially skeeters likely some new disease we have had since the middle ages will be discovered and labeled or maybe the killer bees will go on the warpath:jawdrop:

Fire Ants will take care of 'em.

What you guys need is a start of some Fire Ants!
KD57 and I will send you a start of 'em (just kidding of course).

Ticks & chiggers used to be really bad here, but I haven't seen any in several years.
I read in the local newspaper that it was the Fire Ants that have wiped out the ticks here in East Texas.

But, that's not much of a trade-off for the harm the Fire Ants have done.
I used to hear and see Quail and Killdeer but not any more. The Fire Ants have decimated a lot of the ground nesting wildlife here.

At least we can see and treat the Fire Ant mounds, but it's a constant battle.

Ropensaddle, I'm just south of Texarkana. They're headin' your way!!

Last edited:
What you guys need is a start of some Fire Ants!
KD57 and I will send you a start of 'em (just kidding of course).

Ticks & chiggers used to be really bad here, but I haven't seen any in several years.
I read in the local newspaper that it was the Fire Ants that have wiped out the ticks here in East Texas.

But, that's not much of a trade-off for the harm the Fire Ants have done.
I used to hear and see Quail and Killdeer but not any more. The Fire Ants have decimated a lot of the ground nesting wildlife here.

At least we can see and treat the Fire Ant mounds, but it's a constant battle.

Ropensaddle, I'm just south of Texarkana. They're headin' your way!!

Heading my arse they have been here many years lmao:cheers:

I like to use peppermint oil

they don't like it much. just mix with water and spray on skin/clothes. A lot safer than deet. I also make a point to eat lots of garlic. I have found over 100 ticks on me the last year but not one bite. must be working.

Fire ants...how I HATE them! :mad: Especially as my li'l one likes to be outside and she's curious and likes to play in the dirt...and a Fire ant mound can look like dirt. Like Eastexan said, they can be a constant battle. I treated my front yard with Over-and-Out(?) last year and it seemed to work good for keeping the Fire ants at bay.

Kevin

ive heard but dont know if its true that ticks dont like sawdust....so i dumped a 6 inch wide strip of saw dust all around the lawn where it meets the woods. not one tick on the dog from the grass area all year ...in the woods a differnt story. just a thought

Fire ants...how I HATE them! :mad: Especially as my li'l one likes to be outside and she's curious and likes to play in the dirt...and a Fire ant mound can look like dirt. Like Eastexan said, they can be a constant battle. I treated my front yard with Over-and-Out(?) last year and it seemed to work good for keeping the Fire ants at bay.

Kevin

HMM....thanks, Kevin.
I'll try some of that Over-and-Out stuff.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back