Heartbreaker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya guys. I am not gonna spend the rest of my days looking for these guys, but I am interested in just looking someone in the eyes.

I am off for a few weeks, and I have the old flat top 066, just have a few things to do to her and I'm game. Gave away two 385's to some buddies that are using them. I don't like to hoard a bunch of saws that can be used by another guy when they rot on my floor. I have a few others that I have that are not for work, but try to limit my line up to 2-3 really good saws.

One of the advantages of uniform size timber, you don't need 3 sizes of chainsaws. I used to have five or six, 1 heavy geardrive, 2 or 3 100cc+ direct drives, a couple medium 80cc class and 10-10/XL12s. I remember hauling 3-4 different saws and getting most of them dirty by the end of the day. I liked the Sierras, two saws took care of 90% of what there was to cut.

Hey Burv, I know a guy, who knows a guy. "shovel ready"

That really sucks buddy. If you want the 390 tell me and i'll have my dad send it back to you. I'm still working right now so no time to cut anything. I hope they find the saw and who did it.

A friend of mine had his 3120 stolen from his garage this summer , waited a day then went to the most popular pawn shop in town and bought it back (needed the saw the next day for a job), then he called the cops and got grief from them because he didn't let them handle it .
Hope things turn out OK .
I read somewhere that Raid wasp and hornet killer is an off the shelf alternative to pepper spay but I think that would be vengeful and not recommended.

:cheers:

Last edited:
??? What is all this talk about pepper spray?? What is someone suppose to do with that, in this situation??

If you find out who did it, premeditate something smart and take care of them, as a public service and as a personal stress releaf.

I'm with Gasoline on thieves that steal from a working man, they are not the lowest thing, but certainly low enough to be classed as vermin and should be dealt with as such.

My opinion,

Sam

Besides the usual places(pawn shops etc) find the local "buy here pay here" car lot, I had some money invested in one a while back and the operator got approached with so much stolen stuff, he had the local detective's cell# on speed dial. For some reason the sign that says "we buy cars" means "quick cash here" to scumbags.

??? What is all this talk about pepper spray?? What is someone suppose to do with that, in this situation??

If you find out who did it, premeditate something smart and take care of them, as a public service and as a personal stress releaf.

I'm with Gasoline on thieves that steal from a working man, they are not the lowest thing, but certainly low enough to be classed as vermin and should be dealt with as such.

My opinion,

Sam

Have you tried it lately? Just trying to keep the poor guy out of the slammer!

Have you tried it lately? Just trying to keep the poor guy out of the slammer!

Dumb criminals get caught. Smarter common citizens that get crapped on by losers should be smarter than the dumb criminal, provided they don't let anger control their future actions.

This vemin cased Burvol and what he owns, stole a $1000+ saw/tool that the man uses to make a living therefore actually stole a lot more fiscally, than just the saw, is wasting our precious collective time here on the AS forum, as we are now having to discuss his loser actions and his future demise. If the varmint "wins" this time he will likely strike again, and although due to distance it might not be me or you the next time, it will be someone and therefore as a public service, he should be removed from the gene pool or put into such a "bind" that it is difficult for him to spread his seed, public incarceration or punishment level at or of its current scope is not working.

Simply my opinion,

Sam

i think theres a rootball with the lowlifes name on it. don't know how close a im from you but i'll keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:
i think theres a rootball with the lowlifes name on it.

Precisely:

He (varmit) was simply digging for earthworms on the back side of the rootball when I finished the cut on the stump it fell over on him ...... I didn't even know he was back there ..... sorry.

Thats how it goes, it was just an accident, just like it was just an accident that he tripped and fell and ended up with Burvol's saw at his house or pawn shop of his choice.

Accidents do happen, it doesn't have to be criminal or anything, like shooting a chicken killing dog, just do it, and there is no need for sprays, lotions or potions.

Sam

Must have known and coveted your 395, or been too much of a wimp to run back to his truck with a saw in each hand. Since I have a hard time imagining a thief who can't run 20 feet with a saw in each hand, I'll go with the theory that he really wanted that 395, unless there was no way to extract the 660 without busting a lock on the other side of the box.

Burvol

I hope it's no one on here that knows you.Sorry I just had to bring it up.
Ask around at the shadier places guy's like to drink.
Lawrence

Last edited:
Man, that IS heartbreaking.

And all internet-tough-guy bravado aside from some of the guys here (Yeah, I know how frustrating it is and how tempting vengeance can be but c'mon), you know better than to jeopardise your family's livelihood further by potentially ending up in jail. I'd want payback too, but food on the table always comes first.

Hope stuff works out for you man, and if nothing else that your saw turns up in one piece.

Sorry to here about your loss. I've had my saws and bars stolen out of my garage not once but twice. I know others guys have offered, but I have a practically new 2100 that's not doing anything. I think it will still fire. I lost my big bars, but I have a 36" Windsor for it.

Man, that IS heartbreaking.

And all internet-tough-guy bravado aside from some of the guys here (Yeah, I know how frustrating it is and how tempting vengeance can be but c'mon), you know better than to jeopardise your family's livelihood further by potentially ending up in jail. I'd want payback too, but food on the table always comes first

not that i or any one here would do any thing violent, but most think it or wish it. i wish the lowlifes would fear us more than the athorities. thats part of the prob we have in todays society. just my two cents worth...

Latest posts

Back