helmets.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread came back up, I'll report back in on the Vertex Vent.

Not sure when they changed it, but my old one was from 2006. The new one is a few ounces lighter than the old, has different adjustments (I think I like them better, but haven't used it enough to say for sure), and you can open and close the vents without taking the helmet off which is a nice improvement!

+1 Petzl Vertex -- For all the reasons stated above and a few more, Petzl Vertex is my favorite -- Comfy, lightweight, doesnt become a stinkpot, approved for electrical hazard work(the non-vented version anyway), fast and easily adjusting so its comfy even in winter when were wearing watchcaps etc., easy to add face-sheild and muffs. We keep Go-Jo Wipes in the cabs of the trucks to wipe them down as well. I tried the Vizor for awhile, it stayed scratch free for a while, but we kept them in the rope bags on top of the rope; helmet bag would keep it protected from scratches too.

Are pacific kevlars that bad? So heavy? So hot? (Hotter I'm sure, but how terrible)
Are the weights advertized correct? (Wish there was a hardhat version of saw troll.)
I am a cheapskate. Still climbing in a chinstrap hardhat. Only want a proper climber for proper retention. Hats only work if they are on yer head and are capable of taking an impact. Even the $100+ jobs are supposed to be chucked after several years of UV and age, right?
Kevlar, just replace suspension as needed and keep going, year after year.
The performance plastic lids seem like alot of money for pennies worth of plastic, that is ultimately disposable.
Guess I just talked myself into a kevlar.

Are pacific kevlars that bad? So heavy? So hot? (Hotter I'm sure, but how terrible)

Are the weights advertized correct? (Wish there was a hardhat version of saw troll.)

I am a cheapskate. Still climbing in a chinstrap hardhat. Only want a proper climber for proper retention. Hats only work if they are on yer head and are capable of taking an impact. Even the $100+ jobs are supposed to be chucked after several years of UV and age, right?

Kevlar, just replace suspension as needed and keep going, year after year.

The performance plastic lids seem like alot of money for pennies worth of plastic, that is ultimately disposable.

Guess I just talked myself into a kevlar.

Heres the perfect helmet for you ;)

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=0&item=5688

Ouch! Only to be worn with spandex Euro britches I am sure. Look like a power ranger in a tree.
I do have a hat for every day and occasion. I'm sure my mac t logging lid would have a big problem with it. Have to keep em separated.
Another foam filled skateboarding hat no doubt.
Think I'll go go with the kevlar. http://www.pacifichelmets.com/index.php?view=advantages-of-kevlar . Need a hat for protecting my noggin, not fer the pretty.

Back