Help Dumb New Guy!!! Cant Tell The Difference!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JUST4FUN said:
WELL I'LL PROBABLY MAKE THIS STORY LONGER THAN NEEDED. ... THIS WEBSITE IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well yes it is, but your typing skills aren't... be nice to us... please turn off the caps lock... and organize your thoughts in paragraphs... it's impossible to read otherwise.

JUST4FUN said:
... then switched to the 361. Holy Cow, I ..
:rockn:

It will be even better when you have 15 tanks or so trough it.

At that point, it is also a good idea to have the dealer recheck the carb settings and a couple of other things, unless you are an expert yourself (I'm not)....

Last edited:
Welcome!

Be sure to get the Stihl "Chain Saw Safety, Operation & Maintenance DVD".

This will teach you about lowering the depth gauges (rakers) on your chain and doing it safely (cuts fastest), how to saw so if there is a kickback, you will not be injured or the injury will be minimal. How to prevent kickbacks in the first place, etc.

I showed this video to a friend who has been using a chainsaw for years and he said he learned quite a bit. Frequently while watching the video he said "I never knew that!"

Basically get chaps, chainsaw protective gloves, safety hat with ear/head/face protection, watch the video, and you will be able to saw safely. The above items are called PPE or Personal Protective Equipment.

PPE are the second important thing while felling wood, the first one being common sense... And dont get scared by the prizes of ppe sine they might save your leg or two in future and long as you dont cut your PPE they will last for decades...

So, get some decent ppe asap..

Blis, I have troble believing that you are actually just 17 yo - your English is too good, and your statements too mature - maybe someone are helping you?????:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

The yoyos mean that I am "fishing"......

Last edited:
Back