Help finding good thermostats

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
farmermike

farmermike

ArboristSite Operative
Did a remodel this summer and contractor tossed my old thermostats. I have a charmaster wood-oil combo. Bought two new heat only honeywell thermostats. What a joke! Does anyone make a thermostat anymore that actually works? I don't want a fancy digital thing, just something simple that works. The old ones were the ones with the mercury in them. Thanks for the help.

Nelson2

Nelson2

ArboristSite Lurker
Digital isn't bad. I have the $35 jobbie from the box stores for my wood fce. Keep in mind that although the fed/epa may not have tax rebate or credit for buying a programmable, you local utility probably does, maybe even up to 100%. Figures that I pitched the receipt before I learned that.

laynes69

laynes69

Addicted to ArboristSite
We also run a cheap digital programmable thermostat on our wood furnace. It's a lux, and has many options. I prefer digital due to their accuracy. The one we purchasedd allows for a calibration so both thermostats, the central and wood furnace match. Also i get a reminder when it's time to change the filters. After dealing with the old mercury thermostats, I wouldn't deal with a manual one again. I think we paid maybe 30.00 for ours.