Help from the "Lefties"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left handed people should have received electro shock therapy as babies to convert them to right handed, normal folk.

Can't say that too loud as my missus is a lefty and she'll kill me... She's also pretty handy with my right handed chainsaws...

We're the only ones in our Right Minds.....:givebeer:

Being a lefty, I can put in my 2 cents.

I run a saw like a right handed person would. I think it would be dangerous to attempt to run a saw any other way. I'm pretty sure all my saws have a straight bar.

Starting can be done on the ground if using your right hand doesn't work for you. I start mine by holding the side of the handle against my leg, and give the cord a swift pull. I'm not sure if that's considered a drop start, but that's how I learned to do it. I'll start it on the ground if it's giving me trouble.

Gas pumps have always seemed awkward, but I never really thought of it as a left hand thing.

If at all possible, try to get a full wrap handle!
This is much more comfortable and SAFE for lefties as the can actual position them selves(me too) to were the hands-arms are not crossed. This will also put the lefty in a more economical form, which leads to a safer way to run them.

Being a lefty and operating saws with my left hand on the throttle I couldn't agree more.

If the choice were between the saws with the standard half wrap I agree with Spike - the Jonsered straight handle is easier to hold - the husky angle is angled the wrong way if the saw is held "lefthanded".

Latest posts

Back