Home made friction saver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issue I see is with that aluminum caribener cross loading if it were repeatedly loaded and unloaded. Those (BD?) biners aren't as strong as you would think under cross loaded force.

is it really necessary to have biner involved? I would just element it and go straight to the ring. maybe use a slightly larger ring. It appears to be a screw lock biner? I would def not use that. If you really want the biner atleast use a auto locker. Considering you are not able to keep a super close eye on it or be able to reach it easily. But I mostly say lose the biner.

Ok. Here's a pic of the redesigned Fict saver. I will get a small steel ring and a large steel ring to replace the aluminum ones. Also if I wanted to use a mini pulley what kind of Biner would you guys suggest ? Thanks for all the input !!!!!

Always use auto locking with life support. But they can still open on a spar or around the main trunk. The beiner in nice simple knot can pass through it.

Hey thanks for the input. very much appreciatedView attachment 303228 heres a look at the improved version. Also. Do the KNOTS look acceptable? Thanks a ton

Assuming they are tied correctly, the double/triple fishermans knot is a very good choice for what you are doing. The knot on the ring looks a little odd somehow. Just make dam sure its right. The knots on the prussic cord APPEAR to be perfect.

Another option is to make a wide eye with a bowline or fig 8 then girth hitch to the ring of your friction saver. This way that big scaffold knot (some would call it a double fisherman's) is not right at the ring and pressed against the spar getting jostled around every time you pull on your rings. Is your stopper knot on the other side a double overhand? looks like maybe just an overhand but can't tell. Double overhand is a good stopper knot.

Latest posts

Back