Homelite? GOOD or BAD.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oldsaw-addict, can you identify homelites by the plate that the manufacturer puts on them, because like I said earlier i'll copy down tonight for ya. :blob2:

had a super xl ,old blue. never did kill it. my dad even run it on lawnmower gasonce. still fine.think i gave it to one of my neighbors as the gas tank seal gopt so it wouldnt hold. these new ones i got nothing good to say aboutum.the linkage on one i used looked like it was a disposable to. took it back after eamining its make up a bit.
did have a fair homeowner new mccullough. wasnt badf but not what i want in the woods with me. guess my 028 spoiled me

Rubberducky:

There are some collectors here who could be of great help to you. Crofter & Al Smith are still around (thankfully, & I really mean that). You might try a PM or email to Homedelite Man (I probably have his user name wrong, but you can find him on the members list). FYI I don't believe that HDM has been around much recently. Also a search for Homelite parts might net some good sources for parts.

Good luck geting the saw running.

Edit: No slight intended, but I left out Lewis Brander.

BillW and BillG (members this forum) have said they can supply parts for most old homelites. Amen on Good, Tough saws. I run an XL-12 and a 330 a lot, and I am trying to get my SEZ going.

If you find the plate it may or may not have the model number. If it is somewhat modern (1970's) on it will have a UT number. Provide that and I can tell you the model. However as the old saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words". Post a pic and we can go from there.

BillG

I put the saw back together last night. Put a little gas in it and what do you know she started right up! :blob2:

I'm talking about the a screw that you either screw out (to let gas in the carbourator) or screw in to keep it out.

Mange, a petcock is a small fuel shut off valve installed on the fuel line or the bottom of the fuel tank. I think it is a limey word for valve but not sure.

Mange, the dictionnary lists it as follows:

Petcock (Noun) = Regulator consisting of a small cock or faucet or valve for letting out air or releasing compression or draining.

Hope this helps.

Back