Homelite? GOOD or BAD.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I got it running today, I took it out to the shop and put a new gas line hose on it becuase it was leaking just a bit. And 056 kid and I got to talking, and were thinking of making it into a classic Hot Saw. What do you guys think?:blob2:

I think you can have this as a teaching saw, it is a common saw, with not so high collectors value. Have fun!

Hey Mange do have any advice on what carbourator we should use since were turning it into a hotsaw.

No, but I bet there is those who can, and sell you them too.

BTW. I looked at some of the old bears, regarding Petcock.

Most have a valve in the gas cap, i did not look at the EZ, or Zip, but the xp 1000, and Partner R11 had it there, most of the old HVA as well.

Talk to Klickitsaticket. he's got quite a bit of knowledge in this area, and Dean is really pleasant to deal with. I've talked to him on the phone a few times, he knows his stuff. the saw might not win a major hotsaw competition, but it'll sure be faster than it was.

056 kid said:
The saw is an EZ zip.

Which is it ? They are not the same saw. The original EZ was 5 CI, the modern one was a high comp 2.1CI model the Zip is an old technology 4.7CI saw. In any case I would wonder how you would classify them as a "hot saw".

Bill

Hey, Bill.
I doubt that the boy's are serius about this hotsaw thing, or saws for that matter.

Do as the doctors: ah ha, and be done with it!

No were serious about making a hot saw. We just have to get the parts first. We are also trying to get a competition going every year for this kind of stuff, hotsaw, springboard, ect...

Good rings intake manifold, and more important the machines to mill .20 or so thousanths off the bottem of the jug and clean up all the ports. A good carb rebuild kit would be nice to. and maby an 8 pin sprocket.

You'll also need some small drills to rejet the carb for more fuel, and when you're done, DEFINATELY a set of saw chaps. why only an 8pin sprocket? why not use a 9 or 10 pin?

What saw do you need parts for?
If you intend on starting small, why need a new carb?

There is lots of good tips here on saw mods. Building a hotsaw is in my opinion a bit more and takes a bit of study first. I think you can find most here.

Then all you need is the safty gear and a big wallet and you are off on the Hotsaw racing tour.

Before you even start trying to tinker with hotsaws, make sure you have a job to pay for it all. ma and pa aint gonna pay for your toys when they get that pricey unless they have a 6+ figure income and can afford to spend money like water.

Latest posts

Back