Homelite XP. Finally Got One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well after my last thread about the 100cc club then getting the shaft I was able to find a decent rebuild-able one from someone here. Needless to say she needs a lot of work but I was happy to put my super 754 project aside for the moment and get to work on this. Everything about this saw is pretty fresh in my mind since I just got done putting the C-9 back together and they are very very similar.

If anyone can tell me which model XP it is from the pics that would be great. The clutch cover says XP Power Master on it and if its the right one for the saw my guess is 1000 or 1020.

If anyone has any parts for my build I would appreciate it. I need a clutch cover, pull start, crank bearings, crank seals and gaskets and wouldn't mind some rings since its apart. I already have a new NOS handle on its way.

Before she goes back together she is gonna get some new paint and I'm gonna be on the look out for a 30-36" bar.

Maybe Brad will chime in and want to do his 1st Homelite XP port job?????

Last edited:
As you can see the compression is still great but the bearings don't sound to healthy. It kept hanging up on something. I got the cases split and the clutch side bearing was great so whatever it is, is on the flywheel side.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxzTv0V6jSE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxzTv0V6jSE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pics

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03801.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

wildman if you can get me a ut # or which xp is that one they make several xp models i would need that to get the correct part #s so i can see if i have any of the parts for it if i did have the parts i can send them in with the bearing for the 245a poulan

wildman if you can get me a ut # or which xp is that one they make several xp models i would need that to get the correct part #s so i can see if i have any of the parts for it if i did have the parts i can send them in with the bearing for the 245a poulan

Just waiting on one of the more knowledgeable homelite guys to chime in.

Possible

But I am pretty sure they were open transfer ports.

Most of the body parts and other parts swap out between the C's XPs Super XPs 1XXX and 2XXX saws

The crank is what has me baffled if it's a Super 1050E

the xp 1000 ipl shows the reed valve seat part 59627

also same thing for the xp1100

see if your carb shows a tillotson HL261 if that has the HL261 carb on it then you have a xp1000 or 1100

has anyone seen bill g

Back