Homelite XP. Finally Got One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the parts coming to repair my 2100S and get her back to fightin' trim.

Chris B.[/QUOTE]

Did you pull your crankshaft out of the case.
And are you rplacing crank seals? I have located
seals for the clutch side but no luck on the flywheel
side. I also found both crank bearings from a bearing
supplier.

Wildman, Lookin good with that 36 incher.

Lee

cbfarmall said:
I've got the parts coming to repair my 2100S and get her back to fightin' trim.

Chris B.

Did you pull your crankshaft out of the case.
And are you rplacing crank seals? I have located
seals for the clutch side but no luck on the flywheel
side. I also found both crank bearings from a bearing
supplier.

Wildman, Lookin good with that 36 incher.

Lee

Lee,

No, no major disassembly at this time. It is not warranted. As far as seals, I have 2 sets I haven't had to use yet. I know the 2100S won't need them, so I'll just keep them put away. The seals can't be had aftermarket?

Chris B.

Chris, The clutch side seal you can get aftermarket.
I bought 5 timken seals and they are spot on, perfect.
The flywheel side is the problem. I'm looking but so
far dead ends. I'm hoping to find some at a Homelite
dealer somewhere. They were discontinued in 08 so
i would think some would still be around.

Lee

Your 100% correct about the sound. It really does sound awesome in the wood. I'll actually tune it a little this weekend and sink that 36" and post up a few more videos. That bar is a little overkill in my area but the saw just is not complete w/o it.

I love to see that river of chips flow out the bottom to. That saw makes a river of chips

Yup a big saw needs a big bar!! And ya that thing had the chips pouring out of it big time, looks very cool. Cant get over that sound!!!! Awesome!!

Here is one of the big bar. I posted it in another thread so i guess it can go here to

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JImqUF11CCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JImqUF11CCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is one of the big bar. I posted it in another thread so i guess it can go here to

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JImqUF11CCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JImqUF11CCM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dang that things slow:popcorn:

I was looking for the fast forward button. got up and went to the outhouse, came back and still cuttin:monkey:

jus kiddin...nice saw:clap:

had my 88 sunk into a 36" fir tossing mass chips and I still get the punks telling me
my stihl is too loud and slow. told em to bring their wildthingy over and show me how to cut

dang that things slow:popcorn:

I was looking for the fast forward button. got up and went to the outhouse, came back and still cuttin:monkey:

jus kiddin...nice saw:clap:

had my 88 sunk into a 36" fir tossing mass chips and I still get the punks telling me
my stihl is too loud and slow. told em to bring their wildthingy over and show me how to cut

LOL slow...yea it is a little. :chainsaw:

I saw your video with that punk taking about your stihl. It's funny cause you been running saws longer then he has been alive. :spam:

LOL slow...yea it is a little. :chainsaw:

I saw your video with that punk taking about your stihl. It's funny cause you been running saws longer then he has been alive. :spam:

on the tube you gotta roll with it.

yea, dad handed me the XL 12 in 67. got my first job logging in 73 and bought a homley 924.

hey kid, I am still wearing underwear older than you are:laugh:

Wildman, thanks for all your hard work and keeping such a good picture trail. I have both of my Dads Super 1050's. That's how I found this site. I googled 1050 parts and here I am. I've been kinda down because both of these saws were running great 2 years ago. They get very limited use. Now both of them are down. I'm afaid to get into them like you did or I'll have another pile of parts and an unfnished project. One of them has the same carb as yours, the other has a carb with a plate and 4 screws on top.

I've got to take the time to get into the loop here and find the right folks to talk to about parts, sevice, etc.

Both saws are 100% complete and I have a 24 and 36 in bar for each. Dad kept a big bar on one and a short bar on the other so we wouldn't have down time switching.

Thanks again, Joe.

Latest posts

Back