Hoping for some Tilly HS wisdom....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey, I just picked up a "roll of the dice" 266 off Fleabay. It was sold as an ugly parts saw, missing a few things, seller didn't know much about it. Well, it's turning out much better than I thought. The saw has good compression, spark and needs a few things.. top cover (have one), an ignition switch (have one), brake band (think I've got a complete cover around here somewhere). Lo and behold, I added some mix and it fired up, idled well, and took the throttle pretty well! SCORE!

The one thing I have noticed is that the carburetor is worn... I can jiggle the throttle plate rod and there is play, which changes the idle of the saw. I have a REALLY crusty Tilly soaking in gun solvent so I have another carb I can take a shot with, but when I say crusty I mean that it was well on it's way to being fossilized. It would truly be impressive if this one came back to life.

So the question I've got is, has anyone had any luck with "redoing" throttle plate rods? If so, what was the procedure? Thanks in advance.

Is the rod wore out, or are the holes where it sits wore out? I have replaced a rod and plate on an HK before without any consequence. They are a pain to take out, at least for me, but not too complicated. Make sure you have some extra screws laying around. Those little buggers get lost easy.

:cheers:

Is the rod wore out, or are the holes where it sits wore out? I have replaced a rod and plate on an HK before without any consequence. They are a pain to take out, at least for me, but not too complicated. Make sure you have some extra screws laying around. Those little buggers get lost easy.

:cheers:

Well, I never even thought of checking. I just assumed the softer AL would take the hit. Good thinking, Lee!

Back