How Do You Store Your Saw Files?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just leave them on the work bench, or the ones in the truck go into the tool bucket. When they are dull, I throw them in the garbage. Sounds and looks like a lot of the people here want to pass them onto their children or something.:)
when the files are bad i snap them in half. i use a new one almost every sharpen.

This works for me, although I can't go near micky d with out my stomach doing a flip flop.

Your not the only one i out grew that taste

I keep mine in the pouch they came in hung on a peg board

I just leave them on the work bench, or the ones in the truck go into the tool bucket. When they are dull, I throw them in the garbage. Sounds and looks like a lot of the people here want to pass them onto their children or something.:)

good files last a long time (with PROPER care) . My father has old german machine shop files that are still wicked sharp, and they have been used for over 50 years.

why waste money? buy good files to start with and take care of them.

I use toothbrush travel containers that I found at the dollar store. Some of the ones I've seen are too short, but these are great. They keep your files minty fresh too!

I store my saw files in "My Documents" folder in a subfolder called "Work Stuff". They seem pretty safe there, though I always make sure to back up regularly like.

As for Mickey D's.... I had a buddy once who told me he was at a farm and saw some dead cows hanging and noticed the eyes were sunk in bad and there were flies flying around. My buddy asked "Whatcha gonna do with those cows?... dump 'em?" The guy says...

"No. McDonalds bought them."
ImLovinIt.gif

LOL!

Thanks much for the replies.

ePhoenix

No guff, my Dad said when he was a kid on the farm and they had a sick cow, if they could get it on a truck, McDonalds would buy it. And they didn't really care what made it sick either. (no dead ones though):dizzy:

As for files, I just try to put them in the tool box where there isn't anything else metal for them to bounce off of.

Back