How does everyone buy their 2 cylce oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extralube is excellent quality oil, there was a comparison test done by one of the outdoor equipment magazines, IIRC early last year & extralube came out as being equal to the top branded names, & here it`s cheaper than all of them the only reason I don`t use it is I get a deal on another top brand oil at a better price than i could obtain extralube. If my deal stops for any reason I would not hesitate to use it. The only comment against is their bar oil is quite thick & for me requires thinning for the worst cold weather use. [ The oil I referred to was their 100% syn]

Yeah i saw the tests and its by far the cheapest option for quality oil around here at about 20€/5l + often discounts. Never had any problems and i use it in the 5 family cars i change the oil myself.

The bar oil is actually the thinnest oil i ever used (beside using some left over motor oil). I find it perfect for winter use but actually gets too runny in the summer IMO. Maybe we get different oils in the same containers lol.

The 2 stroke stuff is new and didn't find any info/tests on it yet, i'm guessing its nothing special but the price is right. :msp_thumbup:

I had to look Slovenia up, I didn't know where it is.

Looks like you have some wild women in Slovenia ?

Last edited:
I buy cenex synthetic blend air cooled 2 cycle oil in quart bottles for under $5.00 per quart.

I had to look Slovenia up, I didn't know where it is.

Looks like you have some wild women in Slovenia ?

Lol, not many, which ones do you have in mind? We have a wild skier chick (Tina Maze) that's completely bashing the competition this year. :rock:

The question is subjective. Depends on how much I use. Small engine oil, I purchase Stihl Ultra from my local dealer, to help him stay in business. Automotive products used in my shop, different story. I buy engine oil in 55 gallon drums, tractor hydraulic fluid in 5 gallon pails, ATF in 15 gallon quarter drums, coolant in 6 gallon case lots, windshield washer fluid, 4 cases of 6 gallon containers, parts washer solvent in 55 gallon drums, etc.;)

Yeah i saw the tests and its by far the cheapest option for quality oil around here at about 20€/5l + often discounts. Never had any problems and i use it in the 5 family cars i change the oil myself.

The bar oil is actually the thinnest oil i ever used (beside using some left over motor oil). I find it perfect for winter use but actually gets too runny in the summer IMO. Maybe we get different oils in the same containers lol.

The 2 stroke stuff is new and didn't find any info/tests on it yet, i'm guessing its nothing special but the price is right. :msp_thumbup:

The comparison test I was referring to was for their 2 T oil [ 100% syn] It`s rating/performance was equal to the top brands. The cans they sell in my local Lecerc store is blended by ELF but it is cheaper than ELF`s own syn 2t oil May be there is a diferance between the oils In France & Slovenia

Latest posts

Back