How far ahead are you on wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm way behind. Dadgum deep snow and colder than normal winter chewed up my reserves.

I reckon I'm down to 2 cords seasoned, and another 5 yet to be bucked and split that were dropped in the snow. Still too muddy to get at a bunch I dropped last fall.

I HATE splitting and cutting in the heat of summer.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm way behind. Dadgum deep snow and colder than normal winter chewed up my reserves.

I reckon I'm down to 2 cords seasoned, and another 5 yet to be bucked and split that were dropped in the snow. Still too muddy to get at a bunch I dropped last fall.

I HATE splitting and cutting in the heat of summer.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have my shed 90% full (about 5 cords), waiting for the logging co. to return to my bud's property, looking to score 2 tri-axle loads. That would get me 1 1/2-2 yrs. ahead. I will not cut/split in the summer...me no like snakes, me allergic to bees.

I am getting close to 200 cord here. I still have about 200 to go before I am happy.

Ray

18 cord inside on it's 2nd yr of seasoning + a great score for this seasons cutting. If I ever get it all split, around 65+ all under roof. At 3 1/2 - 4 per yr I should be set for a while.

I have wood ready for next burning season and every bit I get now is for the year after that.

Just put LED taillights on my trailer so I wouldn't mind finding a spot that is dry enough to "test it out." :D

I've got 3-4 years worth under roof, and have started piling more green out on pallets this week.

Ian

6 1/2 cord thereabouts but I hesitate to get real far ahead and give the insects more time to eat it.
Most of my wood comes from my property and a tree thats still growing is better than a stack thats srinking.The spring storm season usually picks a few trees for me.

Got 8 cords ready for next year, that's about my annual average, although I have a new stove and some house work planned for the summer that should reduce it some.

Maybe 1 1/2 left from this year's supply to get stacked up nice and neat in one place instead of scattered in 4-5 different stashes.

I'm hoping to get another 8-10 cut yet this spring for the 11-12 season.

There was a time just a couple years ago when standing dead elm went from the tree to the stove within a couple days. I have no intention to work that way again.

2qxw7te.jpg
welli have 60 to 70 cords of oak and maple reddy

I have 6 cord cut for 2010-11 season with 1 cord of locust and 1 cord of elm left over from this year . So in theory I should be able to start cutting for 2011-12 season.

Beefie

Wow.

Been burning only for 2 years. I've only got about 2 cords split (not even stacked yet) and another 3 ready for the splitter.

Between arrival of our first born (6months old now) and the wife's social calendar it seems I can't keep up. Doesn't help that the floods kicked our butts a bit in this area. We burned 5 cords total this heating season, and I thought that was alot.

Loving AS - broke my saw and came here to learn more... and now can't turn away. :cheers:

Two more stacks to go and the 2012 side of the woodshed will be full. Still have about 2 cords of oak and hickory to buck and split, and 2 cords worth of rounds that have been outside for 2 years.

Got to make room somewhere undercover. Maybe start parking the tractor outdoors and pile wood in its place. Hate to do that tough.

Two more stacks to go and the 2012 side of the woodshed will be full. Still have about 2 cords of oak and hickory to buck and split, and 2 cords worth of rounds that have been outside for 2 years.

Got to make room somewhere undercover. Maybe start parking the tractor outdoors and pile wood in its place. Hate to do that tough.

is that how you got your finger smash:jawdrop:

is that how you got your finger smash:jawdrop:

Just a bruised thumbnail is the only reminder now. Wasn't that bad.

Is all that wood for you to burn, or do you sell it tom?

Place I scrounge from only splits oak and hickory, and they don't mix it.

Just a bruised thumbnail is the only reminder now. Wasn't that bad.

Is all that wood for you to burn, or do you sell it tom?

Place I scrounge from only splits oak and hickory, and they don't mix it.

i sell 100 cords a year:cheers:

I have about 4 cord of hedge cut and split for next year. I want to cut 2 more cords for next year to be sure there is enough. I ran out of dry wood at the end of January so used some of next years supply this year. I sold too much wood and ran short.

I also have about 2 cords of elm, 2 cords of mulberry, and 8 cords of hedge to sell for next year.

Latest posts

Back